Why Does The Universe Exist?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Dryson, Jun 29, 2018.

1. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

If the universe is holographic, they provide an interesting recursive model, the individual attempting to create in miniature, continually compressed data

2. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

https://www.space.com/42388-life-could-help-slow-planet-rotation.html

This is an interesting article to say the least. To think that microbial life would be intelligent enough to group itself together to create enough mass to slow the rotation of the planet to velocity that it needed to survive.

Perhaps all of the stories from the ancient past of space men and angels coming from the sky is really a memory handed down through millions of years of microbial floating around in the atmosphere settling to Earth and then evolving into life such as dinosaurs and humans.

This idea could be theoretically true based on the fact that the Emerald Cockroach Wasp does not teach its offspring to find the brain center of the cockroach that it paralyzes with surgeon like precision. The knowledge is passed on through the DNA from the mother to the offspring. Such as memory of 'living in the clouds" could in fact be a trait that has been passed on to humans in the form of memory from a microbe much the same way that the Emerald Cockroach Wasp passes her knowledge off to her offspring through DNA.

In simpler terms, life slowing the rotation of the Earth would be similar to the pads on your brakes slowing the rotation of the axle. The main thing that is cool is that the more weight from microbial life slowing the rotation of the Earth would mean that friction takes places between the bodies, microbial mass and the Earth, that causes heat to be produced that allows microbes to jump to the next orbital of energy production possibly causing a dynamic evolutionary change to take place in the structure of the microbes DNA that is then passed on to the next generation.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  3. Dryson

Dryson Commodore Commodore

Nonsesnse....

Something up there that intervenes before all is lost......

Integrating Spore Drive Logic into Metaphysical Programming Logic S.I.N.S Computer - I - U.S.S. Aquarius NX-2512
    From one dream of beings made of light wearing hooded robes with black opulent eyes inside of a swirling storm of gray and white clouds to the same dream over and over again of people that I have never met before.
    Inside of a hand made tunnel I looked out from it. On the right were hundreds of hooded robe people. On the left side I came closer to one of them ever than before. All were tall like us. No children though.
    Their faces dominated by dark gray, their mouths and lips like ours but only a darker gray. Noses were not wide and the features of their face were slight. I did not see any hair present.
    The terrain was flat and gray for as far as the eye could see. Mountains far off in the cloud shrouded weeping day.
    It was almost as if I was inside of an hour glass. The beings of light showing me the way to the sands of time, the connection to the life in the Universe on the right and the left as well. The life on the right a mass of life near the point at which life first came to be in the Universe, collectively close to each other while the life on the left which I was closer too that all humans on Earth are connected too, was farther away from the point of creation. As life like the pollen of the Trumpet Creeper flows from the beginning and on the wind as the dream is carried through the Universe to a new flower. Life that is created between the distances of space and time connected to the pinnacle between both Creepers like the tunnel I was in, the hour glass.
    Two points will always exist between the creation point of life and the flower waiting to be impregnated across space-time. Life pollenates like a flower. Earth is the far away flower.
    Six Trumpet Creepers at each of the points on a protractor, 90, 180 then mirrored on the other side with one above and below at 90. Life's seed passing between each flower or point to create a connection at Zero point so that the perimeter flows with pollen in a perfect circular pattern. The pattern then returns to Zero to create a new Trumpet Creeper and flower across space and time that pollen flows too to create new life.
    Chaya or the river at Zero point nurtures all at the point of creation giving the pollen the small amount of energy needed to survive the cold and wasteful voids between each flower.
    U.S.S. Bennington, Strawn, Draugr, Dalghren and Chiapas dropping out of warp captain.
    But at which point during Primordial Space or before the Big Bang did that single chunk of mineral held together with Quantum gravity split into pieces that formed the essence thought patterns from mineral isotopes that life needed to emerge from the Big Bang?
    Where does dream have to lead too?
    The Moon, Mars and planets around Jupiter and Saturn and beyond. The pollen of humanity must spread into the solar system...at all costs.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  4. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

There's no reason for the Universe to exist. It just does.

Life is just an accident and a temporary one at that. For all we know, billions of now lifeless planets have had life for a time.

It's likely that the Universe will be lifeless for a lot longer than it had existed with life in it.

In fact, it's quite possible that the Earth will soon be lifeless too, thanks to our "ministrations"...

5. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Original question implies arguably false assumption (or see Discofan's post).

6. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OR.

It exists merely because we will it so.

runs off

7. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

As a prison. The barrier between Earth and whatever superintelligence put us here. Tantalizing enough to interest us, but the laws of physics will likely keep us from ever venturing out into it in any meaningful way.

We are like Alcatraz in the middle of the San Francisco bay.

9. Gingerbread Demon

Oh dear.

you remind me of wacky thoughts I had as a youngster that maybe God designed the universe with impossible distances to KEEP everyone separate and in their own part.

10. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Quite a bit safer for other people... I mean Earthlings are pretty nasty.. they're even destroying their own planet.. hopeless I say!

11. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

No, no, no... Per the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Earth is harmless...well, mostly harmless anyway...

12. Gingerbread Demon

Until you get here then they start shooting at your shiny new ship.

13. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I don't know about the "designed" part but it's very likely that these impossible distances do keep everyone separate and likely forever.

14. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

You know about the "generational" ships ( given that faster than light is not likely to happen), there are two possibilities:

Either we will find a cheap inexhaustible and unpolluting source of energy that will allow us to spare enough energy to depollute this planet and turn it into an Earthly paradise, in which case we will have no reason to leave it. Or we won't find such a source of energy, the Earth will get more and more polluted until it is uninhabitable and we will have all the reasons to leave this Earth but not enough spare energy to do so. In both cases, there won't be any generational ships.

15. Gingerbread Demon

In that case the Earth becomes a footnote in history and long forgotten.

16. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Heeded as a warning.. don't be as stupid and greedy as Earthlings.. or you all will die..

17. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I am confident that if life exists elsewhere in the Universe, which is very likely, then it follows the same rules as here on Earth. If there is a superior form of life capable of exploiting follis fuels and making all sorts of chemicals, it'll follow a path very much like ours. In fact, there could be billions of planets that preceded us in that path and are now lifeless poisoned rocks.

18. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

So it goes.

19. marsh8472

marsh8472 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They got it all wrong. It turns out the law of non-contradiction is incorrect and existence doesn't actually exist.

20. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

That depends on what you mean by "wrong".