Who did Janeway go home to?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by asp7485, May 29, 2007.

1. asp7485

asp7485 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When Voyager reached Earth, I wonder what family Janeway had left? We know her fiance got married and her father was dead. After all those years determined to get home her crew home, I wonder who was there to greet the Captain? Maybe that's why she became an admiral and jumped through the ranks so quickly! She decided to become even more career minded than before because she had no one left when she got home.

-Aaron

2. I Love Chakotay

I Love Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Her mother Gretchen, and her sister Phoebe - unless you read fanfic. If you do and you have a fav pairing yen for Janeway you can believe she went home to/with whomever you wish for her. You could even write her a totally new character to hook up with :)

3. AuntKate

AuntKate Commodore Commodore

I'm pretty sure her mother is still alive, because she mentions contacting her with the short time they can talk to people in the AQ in "Author, Author." I assume her younger sister is still around (and possibly her husband and/or children). She also mentions an Aunt Martha in "11:59," on the Janeway side of the family.

I think we can rest assured that Janeway has family waiting for her, and probably Starfleet friends that survived the Dominion War.

4. Gadrin

Gadrin Commander Red Shirt

The Admirals and Board of Inquiry.

I think she mentioned to Kashic that she was "on a first name basis" with those admirals and in another ep that she "let the Board of Inquiry sort things out" as despite her bending, folding and spindling the Prime Directive, she was well aware of her actions, and would have to face up one day.

Nemesis showed she survived.

<wink> ;)

5. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

Her dog! :P

6. JM1776

JM1776 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep ... kicked upstairs to a gilded cage, there to look pretty (as a former golden girl should), but never again be permitted to wield real power, thank God.

There's something in that Nemesis exchange with Picard that implies she's little more than an errand girl, now.

I have little doubt she had loved ones awaiting her, though. She certainly seemed personable enough to have acquired a great many friends, not to mention her immediate family.

And, kidding aside, I bet that dog still loved her.

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Who did janeway go home to?

A vibrator and a dildo named sam. :)

8. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

A dog and a jar of peanut butter?

I watch allot of Nip/Tuck.

9. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

No one. Her character became a martyr so the rest of her crew could have relationships and families. That's clear enough from "Endgame". I imagine she got that apartment in San Fran and buried herself in work, hence why she appears as an admiral in Nemesis.

10. asp7485

asp7485 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, it is interesting in "Endgame" that she is shown living alone. It might've been interesting if they'd introduced a male companion for her that she would eventually leave to go back in time, but that might've cut into her motivation behind altering the past.

-Aaron

11. Kitty Worrier

I'd hope that since they ended up getting home faster, Janeway would find a nice guy to spend time with. The only time she got lucky in the show was in Workforce!

12. Scatta

Scatta Commodore Commodore

^Considering how soon they did get home, she had plenty of time left. She probably didn't get to have any children because of the years and fiance` she lost, but she would have only been about 45 or so, when the Trek life expectancy is over 100. She had more than half a lifetime left to find someone else...unless she chose to have holoemitters installed in that apartment and took Michael with her.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ And adopted those two annoying little kids from her holoprogram.

14. Scatta

Scatta Commodore Commodore

^I think Michael would be good with Beatrice and what's his name.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Henry Burleigh, Viscount Timmons the son of Lord Burleigh. You may call him m'lord.

I cringe every time I see those scenes. Now I just realized that he's Picards son in Generations and stars as John Connor in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

16. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's also Claire the cheerleaders best friend on HEROES.

17. DanCPA

DanCPA Admiral Admiral

Her problems on Voyager was Captain/subordinate position. I am sure she can find a civilian or another Captain to enjoy a relationship with

18. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

That may have been the older Janeway's fate but I like to think the younger one now has a lot more options. :)

19. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Commander Red Shirt

^ I have to agree on that one.

I mean, if I came face-to-face with my older self and she was like the Admiral, I'd be making some changes pronto.

But I always figured that Admiral Janeway went back to save herself from turning into the Admiral--she just used Tuvok, Seven and Chakotay as excuses, because they'd be excuses Captain Janeway would eventually be willing to hear.

20. Kitty Worrier

Same here. :)

She probably got her dogs back too.