Which Starfleet uniform is your favorite?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Carpathia86, Nov 6, 2018.

?

Favorite Starfleet uniforms

1. Enterprise

6.0%
  2. The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before

5.2%
  3. JJ-verse (version 1)

3.4%
  4. TOS

13.8%
  5. Motion Picture

6.0%
  6. TWOK-early 24th century

15.5%
  7. Early TNG

1.7%
  8. Later TNG

7.8%
  9. Early DS9/Voyager

5.2%
  10. First Contact/Later DS9

26.7%
  11. Discovery

2.6%
  12. Beyond

6.0%
  13. All Good Things...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I chose ST09, but I could just as easily picked the Beyond ones. On that note, I absolutely love the Disco versions, at least so far. I can't really judge until I see them in action.

2. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

Yeah or maybe on both because the point of rank insignia is for people to clearly see the persons rank

3. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Commodore Commodore

Otherwise known as Kirk's away kit

4. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Kirk's wrap-around shirt. It was different, but Kirk still wielded authority with it.

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. plentode

plentode Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This was a toss up for me. When I was younger I'd have jumped on the maroon monster bandwagon. While I still love them, the season 3 forward TNG uniforms have my heart... for the moment.

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same with Picard's "Captain's Jacket" or whatever it was called. I wish we saw all departments with similar variants.

Kilana2 likes this.
  7. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

I have at least three to four favorites - the early DS9/Voy era, the First Contact/later DS9 era, the "Enterprise" period and the "Discovery" uniforms.

Gabriel and fireproof78 like this.
  8. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

I always thought that if you had a well tailored version of the FC uniform you could get away with wearinb it without any insignia/rank pips and it would look like a decent smart/casual outfit.

People have put up images of modern US military rank insignia on here which seem to be similarly "random" collections of symbols.

According to the West Wing (not the greatest RL source, obviously) any military personnel in the White House are supposed to change/wear their Class As to do so....

dJE

9. fireproof78

Yes, that is a fair point. My larger point is that enlisted rates in Starfleet on the TWOK style uniforms are only on the sleeve, making their quick readability limited, at best, due to the size of the insignia, as well as the similarity of shape. Even US military ranks have visual distinctions (either shape, color or quantity) that can be read fairly progressively, especially for enlisted.

10. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

Only thing is I doubt that an emergency you really need to know what rank an enlisted members. And just like today’s military rank insignia you still have to memorize them. And I find the twok uniforms pretty easy to read but I’ve memorize them. I’m sure Starfleet officers would memorize their enlisted ranks, but I do see your point they are kind a hard to since there only the sleeve. Also they don’t seem very hard to know what they are a diamond is crewman and a circle-ish insignia is a petty officer. And if it looks more detail then it’s petty officer first. Then chief petty officer has a little silver thing on top. senior chief has a gold bar in the middle. A master chief has a bigger gold bar in the middle of it. But in the end you have to admit that those uniforms are one of the few Star Trek uniforms that actually look like uniforms organizations today would and that will be hard to call those uniforms pajamas.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20090127221053&path-prefix=en Crewman

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20090130211623&path-prefix=en Petty officer 2nd

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20090127221140&path-prefix=en Petty officer 1st

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20090127222732&path-prefix=en Chief petty officer

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20090127222712&path-prefix=en Senior chief petty officer

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20090127222651&path-prefix=en Master chief petty officer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019
  11. fireproof78

Alright, it's not as bad as I was remembering it :D I'll concede the point.

However, get them off the dang sleeves!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2019
  12. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

Yeah they could’ve found an additional place to put it. like Somewhere in the front

13. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

the ENT flight suit. It has pockets. It's practical.

Gabriel and fireproof78 like this.
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've grown to like the DSC Uniform

[​IMG]

15. Thanos007

Thanos007 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TOS with the Kelvin timeline second. One of the few things I like about the JJ verse.

fireproof78 likes this.
  16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to think that Admiral Forrest's uniform WAS the dress uniform.

I know, most other Trek series had flag officers wear different uniforms than lower ranks do (unlike IRL) but I guess I just assumed that ENT would do away with that.

It wasn't true in TOS, after all. In that series, admirals wore exactly the same unis as any other officer did.

17. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

That Enterprise uniform would be vastly improved if the front were fastened with pretty much anything other than a zipper.

18. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

I actually really like the Discovery "Enterprise" uniforms. They're a good 'in between' of the Disco uniforms and the TOS uniforms. Yes, I know, to be canonically correct they should be wearing something closer to The Cage, but I just like these better. They haven't been around long enough to be my favorite, I suppose, but I can see them moving into that spot.

fireproof78 and Tuskin38 like this.
  19. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm in love with the Disco version of the TOS uniforms:

[​IMG]

20. fireproof78

I have as well save for the collar. I don't know why but it just sticks out to me.