Which Starfleet uniform is your favorite?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Carpathia86, Nov 6, 2018.

?

Favorite Starfleet uniforms

1. Enterprise

6.2%
  2. The Cage/Where No Man Has Gone Before

5.3%
  3. JJ-verse (version 1)

3.5%
  4. TOS

14.2%
  5. Motion Picture

5.3%
  6. TWOK-early 24th century

14.2%
  7. Early TNG

1.8%
  8. Later TNG

8.0%
  9. Early DS9/Voyager

5.3%
  10. First Contact/Later DS9

27.4%
  11. Discovery

2.7%
  12. Beyond

6.2%
  13. All Good Things...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

Ok I will give you that but when guest come aboard they usually talks to the officers not the enlisted man and if your talking to an enlisted man I’m sure you can figure out what rank he is from a distance. Again I’m bias because I like the uniform a lot although it is a little too formal. And because I like it so much I have all ranks memorized. So I’m the end let’s just agree to disagree.

2. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Premium Member

I never heard of that. Every USN Plan of the Day I ever saw divided uniforms into "Officers and CPOs" and "Enlisted E-6 and below" or something similar. There were some "upscale" office type shore commands where service dress blue was uniform of the day, but the flag officers didn't dress differently from the captains, commanders etc.

3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

From a similar thread I made last year.

ENT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DSC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TOS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TOS Movies
    [​IMG]
    and of course the short lived disco suits.
    [​IMG]

TNG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DS9/VOY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TNG Films/Late Season DS9
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reboot Films
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

+

Those nifty survival suits.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

HugeLobes likes this.
  4. Kerock

Kerock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TOS with the bloused trousers with boots and the miniskirts of course.

johnnybear and Sybok Was Wrong like this.
  5. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Captain Premium Member

I love the Relativity crew's gear.

6. Jedi Marso

Jedi Marso Commodore Commodore

Generally speaking across all the series, I like the TOS uniforms for wear aboard ship.

Getting more specific, I like the idea that starfleet would have something practical and comfortable for shipboard wear and deployed away missions like what we saw in ENT or TOS. The monster maroons from the TOS movie era would make passable service dress uniforms for ashore wear on Federation planets or diplomatic functions; as shipboard duty uniforms they are beyond impractical.

Although I thought the pajama uniforms in TMP reeked ass, Kirk's initial 2-tone admiral's uniform was one of the smartest we've seen in all Trek.

TNG-era uniforms were all okay, but I wish they'd stuck with the same department colors and stripes that TOS used. There are some really good fan-made variations on this theme, that sort of mix the old and new.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  7. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Wrath of Khan away team uniforms are pretty good as well. Wouldn’t mind having one of those.

Admiral2 likes this.
  8. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dress uniforms are... well, ceremonial only. For regular use, assuming future tech, the TOS and early TNG are probably best, assuming some clever fabric to cover the lack of pockets.

9. Abi Smith

Abi Smith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Went with Beyond, nice mix of nostalgic retro styling, comfort and structure.
    Although my favourite uniforms are Admiral Picard from Future Imperfect and the TNG cadet uniform, department colour over black with useful pockets.

10. Cutie McWhiskers

Cutie McWhiskers Commodore Commodore

TWOK > TNG TV (any variant) > TOS (any variant) / TMP pajamas > TNG movies generic black/gray > the others

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

I could memorize the ranks just fine. It's readability in a stressful situation that is my concern. I have always liked TWOK uniforms but I don't think the ranks are ideal.

YMMV and all that.

12. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Commodore Commodore

13. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

[QUOTE="Jedi Marso, post: 12740220

TNG-era uniforms were all okay, but I wish they'd stuck with the same department colors and stripes that TOS used. There are some really good fan-made variations on this theme, that sort of mix the old and new.[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree with you but I like the fact that in TNG red was command. But then again I am biased because I love red.

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  14. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just wish it was still the sixties and seventies all over again! :luvlove:
    JB

Kerock and STEPhon IT like this.
  15. Tim Walker

Tim Walker Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked the outfit that Archer wore when hiking across the desert on Vulcan. His cap and sun glasses were a nice touch of realism.

Shamrock Holmes likes this.
  16. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still like the gray DS9/First Contact uniforms the best, but I do enjoy the Enterprise uniforms.

sekundant and Gabriel like this.
  17. sekundant

sekundant Captain Captain

We have worn at Con three days long ENT uniforms last year. I thought it would be horrible, since we have to use public toilets. I think " wearing jumpsuit+ visiting public toilet" has a great potential of slapstick comedy. I got almost fiber as I was first time join to toilet queue. Oh, it was really easy. :biggrin:

I won't tell how comfortable to have to many pockets, but we had also best costume material. The hall was little bit cool if you stay whole the day there and courtyard was so sunny and warm. We did not have any problem with it, but people with spandex TNG uniforms has the worst. Of course at 24th century they will use better materials.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Gabriel likes this.
  18. fireproof78

Agree on this point for certain.

19. Gabriel

Gabriel Captain Captain

Me too although I do like comand in red but then again I do like it security and engineering but for me I thought maybe a combo of rank stripes and and rank pips would be better

20. fireproof78

I see no reason to have stripes on one and pips on another, such as stripes for dress and pips for duty uniforms.