Spoilers Where should Star Trek go next?

Its also a key piece of Star Trek lore. I find it unlikely it will be ignored forever..

A radio drama probably would be best at this point.

They have. That's what LD, PRO and PIC are. And technically S3 and S4 of DIS, and the prime timeline parts of ST'09. And Legacy too, if its greenlit. There's been plenty of post-Dominion War.

How much of it really discussed the impact of the DW though?

I agree we have a lot but it's piecemeal and at different time periods. With PRO, PIC and DISC all ending or ended, LD is all we have since legacy isn't yet greenlit

Romulan war has a good potential for a movie trilogy..
As in, it'll be action oriented, and would serve as a gateway for new people to get into Star Trek.

The next trek movie should serve, like 2009 did, as being more of a mass appeal movie, that helps get new people/ viewers to check out the rest of the series. All TV trek is doing is serving the current fans. Sure, some new people may start watching, but its mostly old fans. Its a big base, but we need to grow the base and inject fresh blood every once in awhile, or the fandom will stagnate and well.. die.

Romulan war has a good potential for a movie trilogy..
As in, it'll be action oriented, and would serve as a gateway for new people to get into Star Trek.

The next trek movie should serve, like 2009 did, as being more of a mass appeal movie, that helps get new people/ viewers to check out the rest of the series. All TV trek is doing is serving the current fans. Sure, some new people may start watching, but its mostly old fans. Its a big base, but we need to grow the base and inject fresh blood every once in awhile, or the fandom will stagnate and well.. die.

Yea but the 09 movie served people who think Kirk & Spock are the only trek.

Did I say it only appealed to those people?
I guess I don't fully grasp the use of the word "served" here.

Especially at the time. The whole pitch of Enterprise was "before Kirk and Spock". Star Trek Continues and Phase 2 were very popular and the viewpoint at the time was TOS was were the interest was at, not just Kirk and Spock. I think it looked at the idea of grabbing the popular culture perfection of Trek plus providing a new experience for those who never saw Star Trek before.

Or I could be making stuff up. I just remember laughing as my Trek fan friends whined over this movie, while my non SF friends found it very enjoyable.

I guess I don't fully grasp the use of the word "served" here.

Especially at the time. The whole pitch of Enterprise was "before Kirk and Spock". Star Trek Continues and Phase 2 were very popular and the viewpoint at the time was TOS was were the interest was at, not just Kirk and Spock. I think it looked at the idea of grabbing the popular culture perfection of Trek plus providing a new experience for those who never saw Star Trek before.

Or I could be making stuff up. I just remember laughing as my Trek fan friends whined over this movie, while my non SF friends found it very enjoyable.

By serve, I meant appeal to. It certainly appealed to more than just them but many in the general public mainly associate ST with TOS so the movie capitalized on on it

By serve, I meant appeal to. It certainly appealed to more than just them but many in the general public mainly associate ST with TOS so the movie capitalized on on it
I think that's a more accurate way to put it is to appeal to TOS era, not just "Star Trek= Kirk and Spock."

But, that's splitting hairs. I get what you mean now.

I think that's a more accurate way to put it is to appeal to TOS era, not just "Star Trek= Kirk and Spock."

But, that's splitting hairs. I get what you mean now.

Yea that's basically what I was saying

Maybe we can see a Kelvin timeline TNG & DS9 lol

Idk. To me its a lot more interesting of an era. There's a bigger galaxy, more developed alien races
But we have next to no information of the state of the galaxy post Beyond. Couldn't that be developed in a new series?

I would rather not see Cardassians, or Bajorans or Bolians, but explore some other races from the TOS era other than the Klingons, or some of the newer aliens shown in the Kelvin films. I think setting in the TNG era is asking for trouble as they try to line up perfectly with TNT from prime, even though it's a new timeline, with different events.

But we have next to no information of the state of the galaxy post Beyond. Couldn't that be developed in a new series?

I would rather not see Cardassians, or Bajorans or Bolians, but explore some other races from the TOS era other than the Klingons, or some of the newer aliens shown in the Kelvin films. I think setting in the TNG era is asking for trouble as they try to line up perfectly with TNT from prime, even though it's a new timeline, with different events.

Eh I'd rather see new aliens races and the cardassians, Bajorans, etc. Doesn't have to be either/or. But the TOS era just feels more cramped to me.

Ok. I guess I just like the Berman era aliens and ships more
I like the ships.

Aliens are hit and miss and often are aliens of the week (save for Cardassians, Bajorans and Klingons).

But none of that engages me beyond "Oh, pretty." TOS offers me a more wild west type feel out there, and Kelvin universe is nearly untapped for a full drama in that same period. Easily set it on Yorktown Station with a new commander, and Admiral Kirk occasionally popping in as they make first contact with those aliens out on the frontier, and work on new alliances, and discover new dangers. I would not want familiar ships or aliens but something relatively new or reimaged from a new species.

Yes, that's generic enough to get in to the TNG era but even if they did 80+ years after Kelvin Kirk I would hope (and really pray) that the ships would not look the same, as the pressures would be different, the power balance will be different, and new players might rise up.

Back