Spoilers Where should Star Trek go next?

I think it's too late for earth-romulus war

Is it? From a live action perspective, I mean? Or is it entirely dependent on being based around the ENT cast (main and guest stars).

If it’s the former, if the story is told from the perspective of different individuals, I don’t see the problem. If anything, it opens up new storytelling and different ideas and perspectives around 22nd century era Trek. And get way from the Americanized presentation of ENT.

If it’s the latter, just focus on the ones that want/are able to participate and base an animated series around them.

But in either situation, the real obstacle of doing this story is that it will never live up to expectations.

But they are still welcome to try.

I think the Romulan War is very poor, safe, low hanging fruit that is best left far away from being on screen.

I think the Romulan War is very poor, safe, low hanging fruit that is best left far away from being on screen.

I would agree that having an entire series set during the actual war, might be a plot that grows old, fast. There's only so much you can do when you can't really show much of your enemy. What I'm the most curious about is the timeframe immediately after the war.

Setting the series in the aftermath of the Romulan War and the early days of the Federation would present a multitude of opportunities for dramatic events that would help form the backbone of what we know about Starfleet and the Federation.

We could have kids following in the footsteps of their parents after they were killed in the war. You have an era of rebuilding from the devastation while looking ahead to the stars and finally being able to explore the galaxy, seeking out new civilizations and all that! You would have a massive shipbuilding program and the expansion of the Federation and an opportunity to examine the roll of Starfleet. Are they a military or are they explorers? You could add political intrigue and cultures learning to work together. Vulcans, Andorians, Tellarites and Humans forming life-long friendships!

And with nostalgia being apparently so important to Trekkies, you could have opportunities to bring in guest stars from Enterprise. Guest lectures from Ambassador Soval. Combat training from Professor Shran. Visits from Admiral Archer, etc.

Exactly. While @HotRod does bring up some good points, I think they'd be more applicable post-DW
But we've seen that. We've seen it in Nemesis, Lower Decks, Prodigy, Picard, etc. It's just more of the 24th century. If they didn't flat out mention the Dominion war, you'd never know it happened.

Last edited:
But we've seem that. We've seen it in Nemesis, Lower Decks, Prodigy, Picard, etc. It's just more of the 24th century. If they didn't flat or mention the Dominion war, you'd never know it happened.

But the 24th Century is more interesting. Its a lot more fleshed out and I don't think we've seen the real impact of the DW on the planets and people most affected by it

I'd rather see ST move forward by continuing post Picard than go back to more prequel stuff tbh

I'd rather see ST move forward by continuing post Picard than go back to more prequel stuff tbh

You're not impressed by the masturbatory efforts of Paramount to prequel-ify everything, either? Are you sure you don't want to see Picard Shits on Q: The Prequel? Or how about Before I Was Counselor: The Untold Story of Deanna Troi, now on Lifetime? Lmao

Can't say I agree, but that's me.

Exactly the problem. We know virtually nothing about the period between 2161 and 2233. The Birth of the Federation would be like something we've never seen in Trek.

I understand, but because the 24th century is a lot more fleshed out and has a wider galactic scope, there's a lot more to pull from in a continuation

You're not impressed by the masturbatory efforts of Paramount to prequel-ify everything, either? Are you sure you don't want to see Picard Shits on Q: The Prequel? Or how about Before I Was Counselor: The Untold Story of Deanna Troi, now on Lifetime? Lmao

Lol not really

R.e8bdb2af4f5f55cc1be6bccab1bb1442

Boy Meets Starfleet: The Bravery of Wesley Crusher, now streaming on Paramount+!

How Crusher Got Her Groove Back!

We Can Rebuild Him: The Six Quadrillion Dollar Android

Do Androids Dream of Positronic Sheep?

JaQass: The Continuum

Bajorans Gone Wild: Wormhole Xtreme!
(see what I did there? lmao)

It might be easier just listing all the terrible ideas and getting them out of the way and the writers can actually find an original idea.

Its also a key piece of Star Trek lore. I find it unlikely it will be ignored forever..

A radio drama probably would be best at this point.

Might as well do post Dominion War.

They have. That's what LD, PRO and PIC are. And technically S3 and S4 of DIS, and the prime timeline parts of ST'09. And Legacy too, if its greenlit. There's been plenty of post-Dominion War.

They have. That's what LD, PRO and PIC are. And technically S3 and S4 of DIS, and the prime timeline parts of ST'09. And Legacy too, if its greenlit. There's been plenty of post-Dominion War.
Telling those specific type of stories as noted in the post.

Its also a key piece of Star Trek lore. I find it unlikely it will be ignored forever..
50 years and going strong.

I'm not betting on it and think it would disappoint fans heavily.

Back