Spoilers Where do things go from here?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Citiprime, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Citiprime

Citiprime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Although, not to be pedantic, but this very website makes the distinction and segregates the Paramount+ shows into their own little section, instead of just putting Discovery and Strange New Worlds into the "2151-2270" with TOS, ENT, and TAS, or putting Lower Decks with TNG, DS9 and VOY.

Dahie, Mage and Search4 like this.
  2. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

A movie set a year after the Burn might be interesting. See how Starfleet adapted. How the Federation shattered. Set it on a ship or colony. Focus on a family's struggle to survive and thrive despite the desolation.

antinoos and XCV330 like this.
  3. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

An idea I had a long time ago for an SF series or book was a "Drifter" colony, or a mobile ship/city in space that had it's own cultural type of identity, and drifted from system to system to trade in supplies and resources. Might be able to do something similar with a Federation ship and trying to acclimate to the post-Burn conditions.

vulcancicada likes this.
  4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I'm one of the first members of this board (ignore the 2011 registration date, I re-registered after leaving) and I was on staff as a moderator for six years. I can tell you, first-hand, we figured things out as we went along. Don't go by those distinctions as anything too set in stone. Things were done as they made sense at the time they were done and, once they were, they don't change willy-nilly. What was done at the time might not be what would've been done had it been now.

SolarisOne, Kordoan and HotRod like this.
  5. fireproof78

So organization of a website indicates that we should embrace tribal style labeling?

vulcancicada and HotRod like this.
  6. God's Starship

God's Starship Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The set up we got for the Ent G at the end of this season is exactly the kind of show I'd wanted. TNG jumped forward and evolved the TOS formula and the universe, I wanted that for TNG, the next next generation. There's a few too many legacy tie ins (nepo babies) serving on the ship but ah whatever. I'd love if they took after SNW and did it episodic but different, more in line with TNG/DS9 style episodic adventures.

vulcancicada and MrShinzoff like this.
  7. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Legacy could open the door for an anthology series. 1st ep would be Seven, 2nd ep. Academy, or 3 a whole new thing, but that direction would cost a lot of money to produce.

8. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

They should take the TNG route and set another 50-100 years in the future, you can still explore the greater post Dominion War geopolitics (astropolitics?), but there would be less "when is 'so-and-so' character going to show up?"

9. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Yup. I would love this, too. And show new aliens!

10. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I saw the Picard finale and the teaser in the credits. For some reason, I forgot about it, until I saw this thread. Not that the teaser was not memory worthy. I’m just old and busy. Anyway, I’m glad I found this thread. I’d love to see any new content set in this particular TNG timeline ( twenty some years after the Dominion War?) I consider it the prime, TNG timeline, if that makes any sense. It can be ship G or something else. Apologize, but I’m not familiar with “Legacy” yet.
    I’m just hoping that it can be fresh. Maybe it can be episodic like SNW, as some posters here suggested. If it’s serial, let it be something new. I don’t need to see the galaxy saved again. There are too many potential stories that are not ‘All or nothing” as to our continued existence. Anyway, this is a good thread.

11. ReddishAlert

ReddishAlert Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I really hope they do. I like Seven and the LaForge daughters enough to watch it. I think I would like Jack if it’s not “about him.”

Anyway, I just think it would have a different tone than the other current Trek like Picard did. I think it’s good to have a lot of variation in tone because different fans enjoy different things.

12. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why not? They did a scene of Mirror Georgiou being recruited into Section 31 at the end of Discovery season 1; and after 6 years (and teasing a Section 31 series for a few years previously), they finally greenlighted a streaming movie.

Nothing is set in stone. Matalas did it because he wanted to. If it becomes something more, we'll find out when they say something official.

Nerys Myk likes this.
  13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I suspect Legacy will be the 2nd or 3rd Trek TV movie on P+. And it'll be more about Patrick Stewart and his TNG friends having brief cameos than anything to do with Jack, Seven, Raffi or the LaForge kids.

fireproof78 likes this.
  14. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

What’s next? SNW, the final season of DIS, and some tv movies fill the void until Legacy debuts.

What tv movies besides Section 31? Probably a couple Disco movies, and a Kirk movie (I remember CBS wanting to do something with the name Republic). Maybe a Captain April movie. All the sets are already there in Canada to use. And any tv movie involving DS9, VOY or ENT would be some Lower Decks or Prodigy style fare.

I’d imagine there will be a time jump to 2406 when Legacy airs. Which would then allow them to upgrade the Ent-G to the STO version. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the Ent-G (recklessly damaged in Romulan Free State space?), maybe that’s how they get Janeway to promote Seven to captain as Matalas originally wanted and Seven gets a brief demotion in between PIC S3 and Legacy. Though I’d personally prefer to leave Seven’s promotion to captain alone and have Janeway and Seven reunite for a different reason.

They probably film the first couple seasons of Legacy back to back a la PIC S2/S3 so that they can get in all of the cameos they want (Kira, VOY characters, TNG crew), as they aren’t getting any younger. Meaning its filmed in LA for the short term at least.

15. TerryTrek

TerryTrek Captain Captain

Basically.

However, "Star Trek:Legacy" doesn't necessarily have to follow the Enterprise-G for it's run. It will follow Jack Crusher on his adventures, wherever he ends up, as his trial continues. We could very well see other ships become the season focus (like the Titan was for PicS3) as the show progresses.

However, right now there is no series. No interest from Paramount or Kurtzman. Just ideas from Matalas, and strong demand from the fans.

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been calling it Modern Star Trek. I've also called the Berman Era 90s' Trek, but that leaves up Enterprise. Maybe it's just better calling it Berman trek.

17. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Vice Admiral Moderator

You did a survey?

HotRod and fireproof78 like this.
  18. fireproof78

Obviously. That's how we know who the real Trek fans are and who are traitors.

HotRod, vulcancicada and Nyotarules like this.
  19. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't say there's no interest from Paramount or Kurtzman. But it takes time to do paperwork, line everything up, and make announcements. You have to be patient.

Kurtzman said we've been heard. That's the same thing he said after DSC Season 2 in regards to demand for a Pike Series. What happened before will happen again.

SolarisOne likes this.
  20. Racefuel

Racefuel Commodore Commodore

I remember disctinctly when people said Voyager and Enterprise wouldn't be remembered with the rest of Trek, also.