When DS9 first aired...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DeepSpaceWine, Jun 8, 2010.

1. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Darned if I know. I didn't watch it until I could buy the disks.

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WDKY Fox 56 here in Kentucky. I believe it came on Sundays, because I can remember taping Emissary to watch, then getting to watch it the next day because school was cancelled because we got three feet of snow :)

I'm wanting to think Voyager came on Fox 56 too, but it came on after Smackdown, so on Monday nights. I feel like it got preempted non-stop for sports games, then it would get aired at rando times like 3 am on different nights or if a game or match went over, say 45 minutes, they'd only show the last fifteen minutes of the episode :mad:

3. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was on KASA-TV channel 2 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which had Fox, PTEN, and other syndicated shows (they were a UHF channel I think right at the start and had just switched over to VHF in 1993). DS9 and Babylon 5 were played back-to-back for awhile once they both got going. I think DS9 was on at 9:00 PM Wednesday pretty consistently. UPN took a different channel in New Mexico so DS9 kept its time for the whole run (though I moved to Arizona in the last season).

4. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I lived on Long Island at the time and WPIX was my station for Star Trek, as well. I also remember it being on Saturday nights, but early in the run, it was on after TNG (or maybe first, I can't remember) in a two-hour block. There might have been re-runs on Sunday, as well. This commercial confirms it was Saturdays at 7pm.

WPIX was independent, but became part of the WB in January 1995.

5. 1moreRobot

1moreRobot Lieutenant Red Shirt

DS9 was never accessible to me at home (western Maryland, no cable or satellite). The FOX affiliate in Johnstown Pennsylvania carried TNG but never picked up DS9.
    I remember at one point they had pulled a daily weekday TNG airing off the schedule. I wrote a letter of complaint and faxed it to the station. They must have gotten quite a few similar responses, because within a couple weeks they were airing a funny ad about the debacle, with people walking up to the station manager and throwing pies in his face. Shortly thereafter they had TNG back on the daily schedule back-to-back with TOS (which was great for me, since I’d never gotten to watch them). But curiously DS9 never appeared.