When did you stop growing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Miss Chicken, Nov 26, 2008.

1. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

I've just started shrinking :(

2. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

No! Bad Trekker!

3. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

I stopped growing at ~5'2" when I was about 11, which was the height I was expected to be as my mother is also 5'2" and my dad is 5'3"ish.

So, the upshot was that I got to be one of the tallest kids in class for about a year. Then people had these "growth spurt" things; apparently we don't get those in my family. Instead, we get migranes. Fair trade, I'd say. :rolleyes:

4. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

No idea. A while ago, and I'm 20 now. So maybe 17?

On Marfan's, didn't Lincoln have that?

5. Squiggy

You're pocket sized!

6. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I reached 5'10" when I was about 15, and have been like that ever since. Except for my manly belly, which continued it's inexorable growth unabated.

I'm one of the tall ones in my family - my mum is less than 5 foot tall, just like her 9 million aunties. At family parties I feel like I'm surrounded by hobbits.

:D

7. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I must've been around 17 when the direction of my growth changed from vertical to horizontal.

8. Miss Chicken

Miss Chicken Little three legged cat with attitude Admiral

It is thought that Lincoln had it,but Egyptian pharoah Akhenaten as well at least according to a documentary I saw on TV. I remember reading that Mary, Queen of Scots is also believed to have had it.

9. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

I had already reached my full height of 5' 9" at age 13.

Strangely enough, my feet seem to have grown half a size in the last few years! Perhaps shoe manufacturers merely size them differently now...

10. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

^My feet have gone from a 5 1/2 to a 6 since college. I think it's because I spent a lot of time walking or something.

Seriously, xmas at with my family is like a trip to whoville. :lol:

11. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I stopped growing at about 16 or 17, lenghtwise, at 6'3". I think I've become more handsome since then though so my facial bones have probably grown a bit.

And I'm trying not to drool over the petite ladies in here. My only serious, not quite fetish, but preference.

12. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

I stopped growing at 21. Oddly, I gained an inch in that last year. Unfortunately, it made a number of pants that only barely fit just slightly too short. My shirts still fit as they had, though, so I must have gained the height only in my legs.

13. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Females (under normal circs) stop growing after puberty. Their bones, I mean.

14. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

On the height side I hit 6'2" when I was 12 and stopped. I've always been physically bigger then anybody I've ever known due to large bones and a barrel chest that one doctor told me he would be very afraid to operate on.

On the volume expansion side I hit 380 last June. Luckily enough I decided not to die by 30 and am now at 306.

15. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm 5' 10 - I stopped growing sometime around 20/21 ..... I was around 5' 6 at 16, but then seemed to go through a lot of growth spurts during later teens. I think it was just Puberty being a little slow at times.

16. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Your nose continues to grows throughout life and if people lived to 200, they'd have to push their noses around in wheel barrows.

17. GMac

GMac Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I reached 6' at 19 and haven't grown further since.

GM

18. Squiggy

And that's when guy's bones start growing.

OH!

19. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I stopped growing at 15 when I broke my back. So I stayed at 5'10 which makes me one of the shorter guys in my family. I was supposed to be a lot taller, but shit happens. I'm more than cool with my height.

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

15, 5'9".

Speaking of dysfunctional growing, my mother's cousin had a son who died about age 20 from giantism. He simply never stopped growing and eventually his heart gave out. When you're pushing 8 feet tall, your heart no longer can work as a pump, something to do with physics. This happened a couple years before I was born.