What's the best trek movie trailer ever?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by RAMA, May 18, 2016.

1. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While it revealed absolutely nothing about the film, the Star Trek VI teaser celebrating 25 years and promising one final adventure, is still absolutely great at giving me chills.

2. Elder Knight

Elder Knight Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those of us who remember Orson's wine commercials know that he'd do anything for a buck at this stage in life.

Ovation likes this.
  3. trekyourself

trekyourself Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Im not sure as to what the best trailer was, but the worst advertising they've ever done has to be the theater buckle poster.:[​IMG]

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I also have to go with the ST09 third trailer.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just bumped into this on YouTube. LOVED it, I probably wore out my TNG VHS watching it over and over. Still cool for it's time.

DaddlerTheDalek and SPCTRE like this.
  6. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

Both TUC trailers are off-the-charts excellent. Star Trek '09 was the next best.

7. VOODOOXI

VOODOOXI Commander Red Shirt

I love the teaser trailer for Star Trek 09...When Nimoy's voice appeared after those legendary moments from NASA's history it was awesome + it told the entire world that the real Star Trek was back!

JKM likes this.
  8. MFB

MFB Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My favorite trailer is the first theatrical trailer of Star Trek:

The scene at 1:14 with Pine and Quinto sold it to me. And the rest of the trailer ist great as well, unusual start, great music and scenery und Neros "The wait is over".

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

That one will always have a special place in my heart. I first saw it on a tiny phone screen, from a blurry clandestine cinema recording.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  10. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What I remember so well back then was that the emphasis on his size. Whatever medium the ad was placed on, it would be compared to how large Godzilla was. I remember so clearly, the subway cars here. All six of them had the ad for the movie stretch across the full length of the train and it said, "His tail is longer than this train"

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

It really was a brilliant marketing strategy all around, one of the best for any film I've ever seen. Shame the film itself, while enjoyable, wasn't executed anywhere near as well as that.

12. BigDaveX

BigDaveX Captain Captain

Definitely the third trailer for Star Trek '09. Considering the less-than-favourable reactions I remember seeing toward the first two trailers among non-fans, I genuinely believe that the film would have bombed had they not managed to pull that out.

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

ugh, I so hate some of the SFX shots in that film..the side 3/4 view of the Enterprise where it looks so flat. I winced looking at it just now.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

^ Heh, I think the placeholder sound effect they used when the torpedo strikes Kronos One at 00:48 is the sound of the AT-AT firing in The Empire Strikes Back.

15. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

My favorite...