Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Passion is great in the right place. A Star Trek board and a poster you don't like strikes me as misplaced passion, but whatever....

Anyway, I did pick up on the Cutty/coffee gag. I agree with Nsix that the improvement between episodes for Exeter was staggering. As I've said before that's one of the real fun things about fan productions.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks.

In an important respect it's been really similar.

I wanted to make another film because the creative and social experience on Exeter was wonderful. Everyone was having fun; everyone was committed and working hard and the atmosphere on the set was great. It was exciting. The only ego issues we had were one or two later, in post-production, and they were resolved or resolved themselves.

The esprit de corps on Polaris has been similarly amazing - everything I could have wanted. We've all become friends and we're having a great time (though I think we'll all be relieved when we wrap - you just want to cross that finish line, you know?). I've never seen a more creative, inventive and devoted group of people. No ego problems, no real territoriality.

Can it be real different? Yeah, believe me - I've seen enough backbiting, gossip and broken promises in some other situations that I don't take this for granted. We had one falling-out, which I very much regret, in preproduction. Since then, it's been delightful.

3. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

As I recall, what happened was I noted the "I could sure use a cup of coffee Quince" line in Savage Empire and made a running gag in The Atlantis Invaders of Cutty almost getting coffee, and even when he finally gets it, he doesn't get it. Dennis then added the empty carafe thing to TTI.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

I don't remember whose idea the TTI scene was - Jimm may have suggested it. He was terribly concerned that we come up with a plausible carafe for the briefing room and had me running around thrift stores.

5. Maurice

I think it was your idea once you saw my script. At least that's my recollection of it. I DO have emails archived going that far back. I could actually look if I was so determined. :)

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, I'll be glad to claim a gag if I can get away with it. My recollection was just that I was told it was to be a running joke.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think everyone involved on Exeter did a wonderful job...it is nice to see people with such dedication to Trek, a passion...do such an awesome job...wish it had continued. :)

8. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Commander Red Shirt

Out There Joy Riding a console hopping galaxies
    Josh told me was that when Cutty finally got his coffee....it was the fatal ominous forboding sign for the ship and crew. Before then we are to never see him succeed in getting to enjoy any. :wtf:

9. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Shades of "Hudson Hawk"...

10. Maurice

CUTTY (CONT'D)
    (half to himself)
    How many interviews is that? Thirty?

Cutty rubs his eyes tiredly then goes for an obviously untouched tray with a carafe and cups. He pours a cup of steaming black coffee. Boy does he need this--

A BEEP from the viewer on the desktop just before he can pick up the cup. He punches a button. The viewer activates.

<dialog omitted>

He smiles and raises the coffee to his lips...

Muffled sounds of phaser fire from outside! Cutty's dropped cup spills as he jumps to the window and looks down. There are flashes from outside and more phaser noises. The Yeoman reaches the window just as Cutty bolts from the room.

from "The Atlantis Invaders".

11. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Garrovick liked coffee and chille. Did he also like to keep the Enterprise's temperature hot, like Tressaurian heat?

12. infullview

infullview Ensign Red Shirt

The activity on this thread seems to have dropped. Any news about TTI IV ?
    Will the changes at Ajax have any impact on part IV?

13. Robert Simmons

None. John is to about to release a statment soon. In fact things with Ajax are about to go into overdrive. Until then I am keeping low on saying anything so I don't steal his thunder or reveal anything prematurely. That way when it comes from him it's all offical.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  14. Captain Robert April

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8[/yt]

15. Captain Robert April

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8[/yt]

16. TrekkieMonster

TrekkieMonster Commodore Commodore

Or ...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v16KFXa2njo[/yt]

17. Maurice

Just to be clear, TTI is in the can, and has been for years. There's nothing else to be shot. Ajax's having the bridge set from TTI will have no effect on when it gets finished.

18. Robert Simmons

YEAH! What he said!

19. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Fisrt, let me thank for your hard work.:techman:

Now, I've got a can opener, hacksaw, chainsaw, bolt cutters, hell, I would even borrow my neighbors backhoe... lets open a can of Whoop A$$ on the can that holds TTT "The Complete Episode" :wtf: Do we need to make up Tee shirts that say, "Free TTI from the Can!!!"

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

20. Maurice

T-shirts won't make more time for me to work on it, amusing as those might be.