Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. TK421

TK421 Commodore Commodore

Did they ever finish that last episode and will they be doing anymore?

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

The current episode will be finished sometime in 2009 and I'm told that there are plans to do more but I've had no specific discussions with the producers about that. I'll certainly be real happy to drive to Austin, any time, to operate a smoke machine or glue gun or pull the bridge doors open. :)

3. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Didn't they film this like 6 years ago?

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Principle photography was in July of 2004. There were some pickup shots through the autumn of that year, I believe, and a few more since. We started releasing it in 2005.

5. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

My mistake

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Off Topic, I used to watch the Ghoul on Channel 56 in Boston about 35 years ago. Another stinky movie, overday!

On Topic, I still await more Exeter with bated breath.

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

More power to Jimm and Josh. I'll wait however long it takes for Act Five (?) and whatever productions they see fit to produce afterward.

8. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I watched on Channel 61 in Cleveland. He started in Cleveland, and I believe got syndicated to other markets. I was feeling a bit nostalgic (SP?) and was searching old local TV shows and was amazed to find that the Ghoul is still around doing what he does. I forget what city he is in now, but bought some Ghoul stuff online, T-shirt and some stickers, to show my support. Great memories.

"Hey Froggy! Hi ya hi ya hi ya!"

9. Herbert1

Herbert1 Captain Captain

I am more interested in seeing the next act of Star Trek: Exeter than the new J.J. Abrams Star Trek.

10. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

In light on the latest revelations, so am I. :)

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, same here. I was researching him a few months ago. He was originally syndicated to the three or four Kaiser Broadcasting stations, of which Channel 56 was one (WKBG in those days). I was happy to see that he's still around. I also bought his book. :cool:

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Graves Ghastly was my homie.

13. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Dr. Paul Bearer and his "Horrible Old Movies" on Tampa's Channel 44 was one of Tampa's great pleasures. His show was full of incredibly groan inducing puns (one of his "sponsors" was Ghost Toasties).

OT, I agree that I will make more of an effort to the next segment of Exeter when/if, than the new Trek movie.

14. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep! Me too! It's a shame there's no way to make a profit on this stuff. I'm sure a good fan production could easily churn out episodes in the classic format for years.

And a few would even be pretty good!

15. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I have to chime in and say that a good number of "fan films" have been fun to watch, including Exeter and Phase 2. Still, I don't want to prejudge something before it comes out, but I have a warm spot in my heart for the people who make up in "heart" what they may not have in "art."

:vulcan::bolian::cardie::rommie:

16. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I almost forgot to give praise to Starship Intrepid, which is great for fans wanting more in the TNG/DS9/Voyager era. Their first episode was as good as many folks' third or fourth episodes.

17. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Could you point me at the approrpiate thread/posts? I didn't see anything about big new revelations over in the XI forum...

18. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Showing my age badly here, but I remember "Commander USA's Groovy Movies" from the early days of the USA network... *insert "old" smilie here*

For that matter, I remember when Elvira was still hosting z-grade horror films on late-night...

19. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Actually, what's not well known is that Elvira and Dr. Paul Bearer had an illicit fling just before he kicked the bucket. The resultant offspring goes by the name of "TEH BABA". Now you know, the rest of the story!

20. Herbert1

Herbert1 Captain Captain

And your series, sir! :bolian: