Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by TK421, Dec 13, 2008.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been waiting for this for years. Glad to hear it's finally gonna get finished. I've only seen the teaser so far (sacing it 'till I get to see it all in one go!) and it was great (crashed starships = always awesome). Good luck!

2. Trekwatcher

Trekwatcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Still waiting. I will believe it when I see it. (Hopes to see it soon!)

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm informed that as of this morning we've completed 26 of 34 CG effects shots required for the last act of "The Tressaurian Intersection." Most of those, and the most complex, have been done by Michael Struck of NEO f/x, and look wonderful. I expect that we'll wrap that portion of post-production within a few weeks. All of these have to be slugged into the live action edit, of course.

Beyond that there's final editing of the live-action (a pretty tight cut exists now, but Jimm always pares that down even more), sound mixing etc. But we're actually closing in on the end.

4. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Great news! :)

5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Let's just hope Michael doesn't get confused and submit animated Farragut footage for the remaining VFX shots. ;)

6. NEO f/x

NEO f/x Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Opps...already happened...the next act will incorporate hand drawings, Filmation drawings from Trek and Archie, integrated in with state-of-the-art CGI...it will be seamless :)

7. Admiral Buzzkill

It was the only solution to the Tressaurian...

8. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"within a few weeks."

Can't help but read that and think of Wrath of Khan where "hours would seem like days" "by the book."

9. Maurice

I can't wait to see Jughead take the helm from B'fuselek...but will Garrovick be able to decide between Ensign Richards and Veronica?

10. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Dennis, thank you for the update. While I fully appreciate that Jimm and Josh have every right to communicate or not with us as they see fit, it really encourages me to have an update that shows progress is being made and gives us some reasonable hope that a new portion of the show is on the way. All that said, I also have to once again express my admiration for the work that's gone into this project from everyone concerned. It simply is amazing and I'll be thrilled to able to see the finished project.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Jimm Johnson is nearly unique among the younger people of my acquaintance in his disinterest in spending much time actually interacting on - or even looking much at - the Internet. :lol:

12. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

13. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Oh, great. Kail spoiled the ending of The Tressaurian Intersection.

:scream:

14. Maurice

Oh, no, that's the beginning of Act Four...wait til Moose and Reggie show up at the end. Hilarity ensues.

15. Scifiguy120

Scifiguy120 Ensign Red Shirt

I had been told by a member of the crew that Jim isn't going to do anymore,,that he actually lost interest in doing anymore at all. Is this true or just a rumor?

16. Admiral Buzzkill

It's not what he was thinking when I talked to him a couple of weeks ago. But then, if you talked to him on any given day over the last four years he might say something a little different than he would a week before or later - if that makes any sense. During a project of this length and complexity everybody's energy level and intentions wax and wane from time to time.

He's gone to some effort to keep the sets in storage - it's no small thing to hold on to a disassembled bridge set like the one used in "Tressaurian" - so that should tell you something.

17. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

I thought Holly Guess was keeping it in her garage?

18. One of None

One of None Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm sure it would not be difficult to find a fan somewhere who would take it off his hands if it became too much for him. :guffaw:

19. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

I wished I had a starship in my garage too.

20. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

I'd settle for Holly Guess! :D