What were they thinking? AVENGERS style TREK

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Xavier_Storma, Feb 7, 2013.

1. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Janeway was in my opinion a failure even in concept. Let's make a female captain but make her behave and talk like a man in some cheezy 80's action flick.

Poor.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

For the most part, but she did have her moments.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

anh165, I spoke to you once before about how it's possible to criticize or rebut statements or opinions without taking personal swipes at the poster making them - I'd like to see you do better at that in the future.

Also: at no time are in-thread accusations of trolling considered acceptable. If you honestly believe that someone is trolling (or committing any other infraction of the rules) you may use the "Notify Moderator" button ( [​IMG] ) on the post in question or you may send a PM to the forum moderator.

Besides, in your very next post...

...you essentially admit that your original point had been expressed poorly, so why not—rather than blaming others for misunderstanding what you meant—simply acknowledge that, make the clarification, and move on with the discussion? It's just a better approach all around.

4. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

And my guess is most of the writers were men.

The members of "Monty Python's Flying Circus" admitted it was tough to write for women's parts. Jerry Seinfeld said his biggest challenge in writing was writing for Elaine until he decided to just write her like all the rest. On the other hand, in the 1970s, Mary Kay Place wrote a lot of TV episodes centered around multi-dimensional and strong female characters for shows like "M*A*S*H", "Mary Tyler Moore", and her own, "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman".

Maybe sometimes it does take a "woman's touch."

5. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

You only need to find your inner female.