What We Left Behind - Documentary Update Confirms *Some* HD Remastering

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Eric Cheung, Apr 13, 2018.

1. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

saw it last week - too much bla bla after the credits, felt weirdly cut sometimes, but the battle scenes and the outtake with sisko and jake were great! one guy wore a defiant development logo shirt, and people applauded during the credits

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Comic-Con panel will show footage that wasn't seen in the film (but hopefully will be included in the special features?).

DS9forever likes this.
  3. The Nth Doctor

Damn, these guys just keep going all out. Email from two days ago:

Debuting our all-new BACKER NAMES POSTER!

Don’t forget — if you've moved since supporting the project, there are just a FEW DAYS LEFT to update your mailing address (through BackerKit) for the Blu-Ray/DVD sets, and now... POSTERS!

That's right, we've gotten the full-size theatrical posters back from our manufacturer, and they're looking great! We can't wait for backers to hang these full-size (24" x 36") posters proudly on their walls.

But today, we’re far more excited to debut something new for you…

BACKER NAMES POSTER

Rather than just release a long list of names in text format on our website, our team has been cooking up a more-visual way of showing off our many thousands of backers. Based off your own suggestions, we decided the best way to do that was to compile them into something a little more special — a full-sized poster!

This digital poster will be debuting later this week on our website, and includes all backers eligible for the “Name on the Website” or “Name in the Credits” rewards. It’s available for you to view & download for free HERE: (bit.ly/wwlbnameposter)

[​IMG]

With the downloadable file, you can even print a version at home if you like! But, because we’re so excited with how this new design turned out, we’ve decided to professionally print some of our own full-sized copies of this poster to accompany the standard theatrical one!

[​IMG]

For the NEXT TWO WEEKS ONLY, backers who are already receiving the official theatrical poster can ‘add on’ a high quality 24x36” print of this alternate design for just $25 (with NO ADDITIONAL SHIPPING!). These two posters will ship together in the coming weeks after disk sets go out.

Missed out on the original poster as a reward during the campaign? We've still got a few left over while supplies last. You can order either poster design independently or togeher for a short time on our website or online store at ds9doc.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders.

[​IMG]

We hope you'll stay tuned for more updates on disk shipping and upcoming events (like San Diego Comic-Con 2019!). In the meantime, keep trekkin' on!

- The #DS9Doc Team
    Edited to add: I just found my name, not far below his collar devices on his right shoulder. :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  4. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I found my name a few days ago too. :) I'm off in purple-land to Ben's left.

DS9forever likes this.
  5. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got an email saying the documentary has shipped something. I don't think it's the something like HD Hero pin, when I got my hopes up last time. It sounds like it's finally the blu ray disc for the documentary! I've got my USPS tracking number bookmarked.

And, BTW, I'm above Sisko's right eye.

6. The Nth Doctor

I also got an email saying a package has been sent. Considering the t-shirts were the only physical extras I got, it should be the actual documentary at long last!

7. DonIago

I too shall be receiving a package soon. I imagine it's the discs and possibly posters.

8. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My dad and I both got our emails about shipment. Looking forward to watching it again!

9. The Nth Doctor

Confirmed on Facebook and Twitter!

I love the cover. :D

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Considering the time it takes to get to us, I was hoping they might ship the international copies first so that they'd be arriving at the same-ish time as the US copies. Oh well. Last as always. ;)

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Commodore Commodore

Received a shipping notification.

12. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I'm all excited. I'm on season seven of my rewatch so I'll be watching the documentary again soon then if it dispatches next week. Can't wait! I also can't wait to show my other DS9 fan friend who hasn't seen it yet.

DS9forever likes this.
  13. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

OCD Geek and The Nth Doctor like this.
  14. The Nth Doctor

With the already extremely positive response for Picard, perhaps there's hope for some kind of resurgence for Deep Space Nine, too? Or at least one or two of the characters showing up on Picard?

15. mthompson1701

mthompson1701 Commander Red Shirt

It's here!!!!!! My disc showed up in the mail today. I know what I'm watching tonight.

DS9forever and Savage Dragon like this.
  16. The Nth Doctor

Mine arrived today, too!

DS9forever likes this.
  17. The Nth Doctor

Just finished watching the deleted scenes and most of the other special features (a few them are Blu-ray only, boo). While I wish there were more deleted scenes (we still didn't get anything from Robert O'Reilly), what we got was wonderful. I especially liked the two mini-tributes to Michael Piller and Aron Eisenberg's story about Avery Brooks' aggressive acting during the scene when Nog told Sisko he wanted to join Starfleet.

lurok and Bad Thoughts like this.
  18. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Got mine today on the east coast. Watching the special features now. Really impressed so far. Can't believe this all came together and what an awesome 20 years later retrospective.

Only two things I wish had been on there is the extended writer's room feature and an option to play all the HD scenes back to back to enjoy. Maybe a little more unedited footage from the actor interviews also would be have been nice. As someone who has never been to a convention even "old" topics of discussion would be fascinating.

All that said there is about an hour and a half of extras on the backer version (not counting the included already released promo content from the campaign and updates) which is great in addition to the actual documentary.

Edited to Add: Didn't see anything about In the Pale Moonlight, Duet, or The Visitor in the extras despite hinting at them in the end credits. Not complaining just an observation.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Seven of Five and kkt like this.
  19. DrOBoogie1

DrOBoogie1 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Absolutely loved the documentary. Wish it could have been four hours long, and it really makes me want DS9 in HD all the more now. Let's make it happen!

Jayson1 likes this.
  20. DonIago

Just waiting for the extended edition... ;)

BeatleJWOL likes this.