What Song Are You Listening to Right Now

I've very much enjoyed Gary Numan's most recent albums, love the way he uses synths. :mallory:
Gary Numan - Love Hurt Bleed

:luvlove:

Some of his newer material is clearly no less spellbinding with tone and depth and interpretation-driven of lyrics as his classic stuff of musical storytelling, which still holds up - like this:

Still is as wonderful as ever.

I wish eyeliner would come back in popularity, but I'd say the same thing for most early-80s New Romantic/Post-Punk style and that's a whole other subject...

Also, I'm glad he didn't do a follow-up based on that famous world-renowned book, "Everyone Poops"... but he'd manage to make something genuinely stylized and more interesting than that kids' book ever could...

I might be because I watched the Gary Numan vid, but I got this in my recommended vids today. "futurepop"

Apoptygma Berzerk - Burning Heretic (Ancient Methods Remix)

^^ Sounds a lot of the 80's dark synth pop but with some 90's trance/hard trance influences.

Bit more modern, I do like the sound and style of it a lot.
EDDIE - Still Healing

Everything But The Girl, "Driving"

This was a big hit for the duo, and got a lot of airplay on contemporary jazz radio stations in the US--which led to many believing they were a contemporary jazz act (which they weren't, whoops).

Luther Vandross, "Here and Now"

Perhaps the most requested wedding song for several straight years for awhile in America. I know I heard it at two weddings I attended in the late '80s/early '90s.

Back