What Song Are You Listening to Right Now

Oldie but good one, also, they're working again on the new album and they will go on a tour when everything is finished, can't wait to see them again. :D:mallory:
Aeverium - Safe Harbour

(now in 4K from the original film elements, wow! :drool:)

(An all-time classic and I love their sound and look! :luvlove: Wish it would be remastered in 4K from the original negs like other songs have been...)

(great use of electronica.)

(An all-time classic and I love their sound and look! :luvlove: Wish it would be remastered in 4K from the original negs like other songs have been...)
Fun fact abot Le Freak:
The song was written in response to guitarist Nile Rogers and bassist Bernard Edwards being turned away by the doorman at Studio 54, and the original lyrics were "fuck off" instead of "freak out" because that's what he said to them. They changed it when they realized they couldn't say fuck off on the radio.

Everything's Alright from Jesus Christ Superstar

Madonna - Secret

It's the season so..
Lacuna Coil -Naughty Christmas
:D:mallory::techman:

And one by Sabaton, really impressive..

SABATON - Christmas Truce

Last edited:

The regular song (apologies if I'd posted that recently in the thread) has pretty much the same three words sung as beautifully as they are as overused and aimless in storytelling*, but when looking up the instruments used, I was in awe over how this was the first song to have layers of computer-generared sounds on a Moog synchronized perfectly. No natural/organic instruments were used, and yet it has an organic feel. Layered, rich, and deep - not simple bleep bloop tones -this was more than just a forward-thinking composition and it doesn't feel dated at all**. This was also the birth of the electronica/trance genre and arguably Eurotrance too, though 1969's "Popcorn" was the first song to be completely composed on a synthesizer.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/donna-summer-i-feel-love/

The regular, complete song:

Her voice is phenomenal, she's unquestionably an iconic vocalist, but the backing music is transcending in its own ways. The song is almost an anthem for Studio 54 in a way, but it is so much more than that due to the backing instruments. Not feeling dated or pegged to a specific time is even more astounding.

* IMHO, the best music is storytelling, but there are clear exceptions and forms other than that

** Okay, many songs using electronic tones don't date as rapidly, but there's a timeless quality that separates it from even its contemporaries like the much-underrated Devo by the time they went increasingly-electronic (1980) onward...

Back