Poll What is your favourite phone?

My favourite is my current one, a TCL 10 Pro. I've been really happy with this one. Has some great features and a great display.

I have had iPhones ever since the very first one. I know of nothing else.

However, I can not tell the difference between them all anymore. Apple is no longer innovating in a noticeable way. If this does not change over the next few years then my next phone will be a Huawei. :rolleyes:

I have had iPhones ever since the very first one. I know of nothing else.

However, I can not tell the difference between them all anymore. Apple is no longer innovating in a noticeable way. If this does not change over the next few years then my next phone will be a Huawei. :rolleyes:
I recommend that you stay away from Chinesium made phones.

I had a couple Razrs about 15 years ago, but Samsung Galaxy since then, despite Samsung pissing me off with how locked down their phones are. I even bought a Canadian model of the S20+ hoping I could root it...no dice.

Plus the camera on the Ultra model is phenomenal. I don't think there's anything that comes close.

I had a couple Razrs about 15 years ago, but Samsung Galaxy since then, despite Samsung pissing me off with how locked down their phones are. I even bought a Canadian model of the S20+ hoping I could root it...no dice.

Plus the camera on the Ultra model is phenomenal. I don't think there's anything that comes close.
Sony's new: Xperia 1 Mk.IV is what interests me currently
The Xperia 5 Mk. III is about to be replaced by the Mk. IV in a few months.

Sony doesn't seem to do nearly as many annoying modifications to the stock Android OS.

I miss my Microsoft phones as I really liked the OS. I've been on Samsung phones now and recently got the Galaxy S-22 Ultra. So far, so good.

Me too but MS was never really serious about Windows Phone ssssh I nearly called it "widow phone" damn typos. But no MS was never really serious about that phone, but had they been it might have stayed around a bit longer. I loved the one I got too but the Nokia XL had a shit battery.

I had a couple of Huawei phones over the years and they were not that bad, the most recent was a Y5 bought in 2019 before all the China hysteria, now retailers are not even stocking that brand here because "China bad" brrrrrrr but back on topic they were not bad phones but my Y5 had been dropped one too many times and the screen cracked eventually. The other one was a smaller 2G one which had a physical keypad and large square screen, but that can't be used anymore because there is no 2G at least with Telstra.

Last edited:
I use an iphones for work and home. They just do everything I need them to do. I use my iphone as a recording device through a USB interface via Garagaband for my electronic instruments and that is an added value to me for iphone. don't give a damn about mobile games.

I'm an android man myself. Had a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, S5 and S7 edge. After this the price of the flagship S models became too silly for me to justify buying, so I've got an A71 now which bar the back cover disintegrating has been a hugely impressive device for the money.

Anything involving string theory, such as this:

:devil:

I'm more into phones that allow full control over the device and not telling you how to use it as it tells you how cool you are as a cheap gimmick.

I love my ZTE Z982. It's a little workhorse, and after 4 years is still kicking. The battery life isn't quite what it once was, but I can still easily get a full day's use out of it before recharging.

Since Samsung made the Ultra a "Note clone" and my earlier complaints about their bloated crap, I bought a Pixel 7 Pro (unlocked). It's comparable in 99% of the specs to an S22+.

So far so good. I had to install a 3rd party launcher (instead of the built in one) to be able to add app screens to the left of the home screen.

Google Pixel 8. The camera quality is out of this world, and the battery life keeps me going all day long. By the way, I recently sold my iPhone 12 and decided to make the switch. I'm glad I did it.

Back