What is NBC thinking????

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Keith1701, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, which is why I say, something similar, as I know it's been done before. Fallon is known to be interactive, and I'd think something like that would fit his style. Leno was better at it when he was asking trivia, but within the last several years, he switched gears to reenactments of movies and music videos which wasn't nearly as good.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

His old set is better, it's like his old set had sex with a chess board, Seinfield is right.

Seth Meyers show starts Monday.

Does no one see the irony in the fact they were going to let Conan keep The Tonight Show but move it to midnight... and the new show starts at midnight this week?

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

So far, he's been "meh".

Still better than Leno.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I just cleaned the cat's liter box.

It was better than Leno.

5. Hopeful Cynic

Hopeful Cynic Ensign Red Shirt

I was kidnapped and forced to cut off my own foot with a dull rusty hacksaw. It was better than Leno.:lol:

6. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Man, there was a day when people would go out of their way to watch the tonight show when Leno was guest hosting.

7. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was a day when people went out of their way to catch Late Night with David Letterman when Leno was a guest, too. I was one of them. But for whatever reason, what made him funny as a comedian in the '80s died in the transition to talk show host in the '90s.

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, Leno's "whats my beef" bit on Letterman was really funny. I once saw Jay at the old Comedy Store on Sunset back in the 70's before he was anyone and he killed that night. He was far and away the best comedian on the bill.

But seems like in his eagerness to NEVER rock the boat on Tonight, fuled probably by his rampant insecurities, he de-evolved into a lamer and lamer comedian.

Who knows, maybe the firing will rekindle that fire in his belly and make him a better comic.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, apparently from what I've read this move has been successful so far. More viewers and younger ones as well.

As I had figured Fallon does seem to have dropped the audience participation from Late Night but it's kept most of its Late Night character. Seems pretty successful so far.