What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

On mobile platforms there are a bunch of these "Kingdom of..." or "...of Kings" or "King's..." games that are essentially the same. Empire building with various mini games thrown in. I'm trying out a few to pass the time.

Kor

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

It Takes Two...

Good game but it feels way too long - especially with some drawn out boss battles and the fact both of you have to generally succeed at tasks and when your playing with a lesser player it can become tiresome.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They are doing a free play weekend for the Avengers game, so I decided to check it out. I played through the first part of the game, with Kamala at the A Day celebration, through to the Helicarrier blowing up, but then it stopped and said it had more content to install. It's been about 45 minutes or so, and it was only at 30% last time I checked, which is a whole 4% higher than the 26% it was at when it first came up. I think this is going to take a while.
    What I played was pretty fun, so I'm looking forward to playing more.

4. Bornin1980something

Bornin1980something Commander Red Shirt

Are you using a wireless network?

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

No XBox free weekend for Avengers, oh well.

6. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Rise of the Dragon" - an old point'n'click DOS/Sega/Amiga game. Nice attention to detail. Also forgot about file structures for saves not being the automated fluff nowadays. DOS version was surprisingly good for 1990, though Amiga still had slightly more polished graphics and gradients...

"Epic Pinball" - a series of pinball games for DOS. Great physics but not all the boards were great... "Enigma" was the coolest, but naturally I'd gravitate to that one...

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Sackboy on the PS5 and Flight Simulator 2020 and The Ascent on the Series X. And I still need to finish Doom Eternal.

8. Quinton

Quinton Captain Captain

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, and NEO: The World Ends with You are all being played for upcoming reviews. (Unfortunately, there were difficulties with publishers, so they're all arriving blatantly late.)

I'm also playing Persona 5 Royal and Star Wars Battlefront II, both purely for fun.

9. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Premium Member

I just started NEO: The World Ends with You on Switch and am enjoying it so far. Though I'll need to learn the techniques of the battle system soon, as I already died once (on normal difficulty!)...

10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I started Hades.

I find myself wishing that I could play a game with this exact combat that isn’t a Roguelike.

Possibly the best combat for its genre of all time. But I hate starting from square one every time.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I bought Final Fantasy VII Remaster Intergrade for the PS5 a few days ago and that's all I've been playing since then... I'm really enjoying it.

12. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been playing the Steamworld Dig games. I find all that digging to be somewhat tedious.

Kor

13. BillJ

BillJ Canon Warrior Premium Member

Electronic Football, based on the 1970's Mattel handheld. Quite a blast from the past for $15. Though I wish they had updated to rechargeable batteries.

14. Synodic

Synodic Ensign Red Shirt

Just started The Outer Worlds. Waited until the DLC came out as I heard the initial game was quite short.

15. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Premium Member

Finished God of War (with PS5 patch - 4K @ 60FPS) a week back. Incredible. Easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Currently doing a replay of Red Dead Redemption 2. Taking my time with it this time round. I never thought I'd spend so much time playing PS4 games on the new console. First time playing RDR2 was on a standard PS4 / regular TV. I thought it looked great then. Now with the PS5 and a decent 4K HDR screen, it looks phenomenal.

The one game I'm itching to have a go at is Witcher 3 - waiting for the free PS5 upgrade due out later this year.

16. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that game had one of the best narratives of the previous generation. The gameplay too I felt was pretty great. I had never played a God of War until that point, and felt it was well-balanced in terms of difficulty, and everything was manageable, never impossible. Well, the Valkyries were one exception, but then they were made to be more difficult and not mandatory. But I did as much exploration as I could in that game. The puzzles were fun and satisfying. In general, I'm really looking forward to whatever comes next with the franchise.

StarMan likes this.
  17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Scarlet Nexus is starting to remind me of Heroes, from Kasane’s side of the story. Except instead of saving the cheerleader she has to kill a guy to save the world.

And I’m starting to think she was explicitly written to be on the autism spectrum. Anyone can write a character as logical and not emotionally expressive but when they are figuring out people’s emotions by comparing their facial expressions to similar ones made by other people there’s probably a very specific intent.

18. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I just bought humankind. I can't wait to play it.

19. BillJ

BillJ Canon Warrior Premium Member

Madden NFL 22 on the Xbox Series X.

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I started playing Hollow Knight yesterday. I think I got past the first area. So far it’s ok, but hasn’t gripped me entirely.
    I prefer Ori‘s parkour over HK‘s combat focus.
    Pro 2 had more combat, but still a better balance.
    I hope I get more movement abilities, to get more of that feel.