What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

After playing both the Heavenly Sword and God of War 3 demos, I think it's safe to say button mashy hack and slash spectacle fighters aren't my thing either...and yet I'm still somewhat curious about Metal Gear Solid Revengeance, though admittedly that's mostly because I have a pre-existing affection for the franchise (I own 3 copies of MGS1, PS1, GameCube & PC!) and the choppy-choppy mechanics look fun.
    Interesting. Most of the research I did makes it seem the general consensus is that the first two were lackluster with the 3rd being the best of the bunch. Or I may have gotten it confused with Killzone. I just installed the demo, so we'll see...

ETA Aaaand it's a no on 'Resistance 3' too. Trying to play FPS with a controller is always going to be a hard sell for me anyway, but add the that the bland grey-brown smear that is the art design for bother the environment and the things you're supposed to be shooting at, I can't see this appealing to me. I didn't even bother finishing the demo; the first area alone was enough to bore me.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Jesus Christ am i hooked on Jurassic World Evolution.

Haven't played a theme park game in maybe 2 decades and this one is just fun.

However Dinosaurs are assholes, especially the Carnivores. I toil to make them happy and what do they do? Just because i didn't notice that some species want a partner they break out and kill my guests! Dick move overgrown lizard boy!

And the biggest dickhead is the T-Rex - finally found enough genetic material to breed him, i pay up nearly 2 million dollars to do so - first thing he does when i release him is to hunt and kill other carnivores! Those are expensive dude! No respect to my budget plans!

The other Carnivores must have had a secret meeting in the woods though because soon after they elected the 2nd biggest boi to start some beef and he actually turned the T-Rex into biological scrap! 2 Million down the drain (at least the visitors got a show out of it)!

I really like this game.. completely tied in with the movies and quite well done.

USS Firefly likes this.
  3. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Maybe It is better to build a park without Dinosaurs ;)

4. FPAlpha

And raise the white flag? NEVER!! :p:lol:

5. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Odyssey also comes with the remaster of ACIII...
    Picked up the season pass a while back when it was cheap...

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, AC: Origins plays very differently from the other games, it took me quite a while to get the hang of it. I ended up not being able get past the stuff in Siwa yesterday, because it was still installing the rest of the game and wouldn't let me move on until it was done. Now it is, so I'll play some more in a little while.

7. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah it took me a while to get used to Origins controls, but they eventually click. And continue into Odyssey. Now, it'd be weird going back to the controls from AC 1 to Syndicate

8. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just platinum'd The Last of Us 2 a few days ago. Slow beginning, I only started enjoying it once I got to Seattle, was great from there up until the Farm, then it went downhill from there (farm is near the end). Everything in between was a lot of fun.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

How do you get wood in Assassin's Creed: Origins? It says I need to wood to upgrade some of my gear, but I have no idea where I get it. I thought maybe I could cut down trees, but that didn't work when I tried.

10. FPAlpha

Haven't played Origins but if it's like any other AC game you get wood by dismantling not needed equipment for example, bows for example always give some wood when you dismantle them because you found a better bow.

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I think only certain trees work. Either way, use your eagle to scout out resources. This also works on animals btw.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I finally found the answer during my play session this morning. It said in the inventory that you get it by stealing it from enemy shipments. I did eventually manage to track down a guy moving some, and so I was able to kill him and take what he had.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I spent about six hours today playing Ghost of Tsushima.

14. Turd Ferguson

They finally patched Assassin's Creed Odyssey to where Arges the Bright One and Steropes the Lightning Bringer would show up (they were glitched out of my game). It took me a few tries to get Arges, but I finally did, keeping my distance. Steropes, while a pain in the ass, I got in one try.

Now, I only have three trophies left to get in Fate of Atlantis Episode 3 then I'll officially be done with this game.

15. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Just unlocked the last achievement for the Lego Harry Potter Collection on my xbox one. This continues my streak of only getting 100% while playing Lego games.

So, I'm done with that one.

Go me.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My mom and I used to always go for 100% on all of the LEGO games, but they've gotten so huge that we've given up on the last three or four before we got there.

od0_ital likes this.
  17. hbquikcomjamesl

hbquikcomjamesl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing an awful lot of chess with my office Mac (the chess app that comes with the OS). I've recently ratcheted up the difficulty level to where it's looking three moves ahead instead of two, so I guess I'm slightly less pathetic than I was when I started.

18. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Got back to playing Assassin's Creed: Origins on the xbox one the last few days.

19. Turd Ferguson

I finally finished the last of the Fate of Atlantis DLC on Odyssey (as well as every trophy you can get in the game) and I have started Ghost of Tsushima. Absolutely loving it so far. My only gripe is after 170 hours the Assassin's Creed controls are burned into my brain, so trying to mount my horse, I slashed it with my sword and sent the horse running :lol:

XCV330 and od0_ital like this.
  20. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

[​IMG]

EveOnline: mining ice while doing laundry in the real world