What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I can imagine coming back to Elite some day in the future. Is it easier to group up with friends? it was so easy to lose people because of how the instances worked.

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Not as much, no. Space is still absurdly enormous, and getting together is still a bit of a pain.

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I did but Elite but only played out for a short time because I was playing something else and when I came back I couldn't remember what I was doing and couldn't get in to it so I've never been back.

Amaris likes this.
  4. Bob The Skutter

I think I've realised what my issue is with Mirror's Edge. For a open world, free running game that's supposed to be about exploring the world and finding your own routes through the city, it really likes to punish you for going off the route the runner vision gives you. I think climbing this wall and running over that roof will get me there quicker... oops, it's completely blocked from this angle and now the runner vision just tells me to go back. Or the side mission is timed and following the runner vision will get you there in time once you know the route but trying other ways will almost certainly lead to getting turned around and missing the goal time.

The other thing is the amount of time it likes to make you run the same routes over and over again. Go point A to point B, Finish the mission at point B and go back to point A to tell the person the mission is done, now go back to point B to start the mission they just gave you, which once you start it involves running through point A again to get to point C, which will then send you back to point B. It gets monotonous and annoying.

SPCTRE likes this.
  5. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've put Shadow of Mordor away. Now that I've unlocked the majority of the tech tree and grinded out the Mythril-purchased upgrades I'm a bit sick of it. I've just made it to the second part 'level,' I guess - the open world that's a bit more green than the first. Great game, just a bit repetitive and samey now.

I've also kind of gone off Stellaris a bit. I feel the midgame is lacking anything interesting to do. Once I've got the economy humming along and have a reasonable military apparatus, I find myself just sitting there making sure I'm mining everything possible in every available system and there's rarely anything more interesting going on. What am I doing wrong?

So now I'm casting about desperately, trying to find something to play. I am eyeing off Yonder, but I don't know...

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been playing the original Crysis. I had never played it before, so this is my first time going through it. Took me awhile to get it running, and that's because I figured out that to get the best performance out of it, you need to put it in windowed mode. Apparently the game is bugged and performance drops significantly if put in fullscreen and becomes unplayable.

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

MayI ask what you are running Crysis on please?. I don't remember having any issues personally back when I played it (though I didn't have it on the highest graphic settings), but I never got around to finishing it so perhaps it's time to try again. I know I've updated hardware since and probably operating systems too but if it's going to be iffy, I've got plenty of other stuff to play:(.

As for myself, I'm dropping in and out of Injustice 1 (Arcade mode) inbetween bouts of Arkham City and Ryse.

8. Owain Taggart

Well, my PC isn't the newest thing on the block. In fact, I really lag behind when it comes to hardware. I don't keep up as much with it as I used to and most of what I tend to play is years after release. Which is kind of why I was surprised to see it run so badly in fullscreen at this point. I don't usually have that much trouble with any other titles. I had to google around to find out that the only way to really play it with a good framerate was to put it in windowed mode. There were other solutions that required to make a custom resolution, but this was simpler.

Running an Intel i5 3.33 Ghz CPU, and an Nvidia GT 440. Mind you, I run 32-bit and my RAM's at 4GB which might be the bottleneck. Aside from not being able to play anything that's strictly 64-bit, I haven't run into any major issues. Apparently the Crysis issue though is a well-known one and can hit anybody even if they have a beast of a computer. Which sucks because it means it really doesn't scale well to newer faster hardware.

9. Bob The Skutter

Finished Mirrors Edge yesterday, well at least the story.

unimatrix7 likes this.
  10. John Clark

Yeah, Crysis did have a reputation for that:(.
    Looking at the box last night, I probably had XP and some dual core AMD processor at the time, though I'm not sure what graphics card. (We did have a GT440 around that time, but that was in the shared computer rather than mine)

11. Owain Taggart

Yeah, at least I know it's not just me. Drove me up the wall until I figured out what needed to be done, as I was quite disappointed that the framerate was so bad.

12. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

Currently I'm playing call of duty:world at war on ps3

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Played through Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series on PS4.

I remember that game getting kind of a bad word of mouth back in the day, but I fucking loved it. I am a fan of the show and have only limited knowledge of the novels, so that may be part of it.

I thought I was done with/burnt out on Telltale games in general after TWD S1 and The Wolf Among Us, but between GoT and Tales from the Borderlands, it appears that I'm far from it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bob The Skutter likes this.
  14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I'm done with The Witcher 3, at least for now. I've just lost interest since I started AC: Syndicate and Mad Max. I am loving Syndicate and especially Mad Max. Fury Road is one of my favorite movies, and I'm really liking the way the game has kind of taken the look and feel of FR and twisted it and expanded it into their own thing.
    I just played through the some of the WWI stuff in AC:S last week, I hadn't seen anything about that anywhere beforehand, so that caught me by surprise.

15. Bob The Skutter

I've just started The Walking Dead: Michonne, I think Telltale make wonderful games, some wonderfuller than others.

16. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Elite Horizion in VR mode, the future is now.

17. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I actually finished Mad Max not too long ago. I really enjoyed it but thought the gameplay was pretty repetitive by the end. That may be because I'm a completionist and took the time to scavenge every loot location, collect all the collectibles, and do all the side missions (except the races), which added a significant amount of time to the game. The more I played the more I took advantage of the fast travel system.

I'm currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got a PS4 today. 1TB PS4 Slim, and got Mortal Kombat XL, Bloodborne (my brother's game, I don't like From Software stuff), Doom, The Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky with it. Played some MK XL (while it was patching, which was a cool feature, and after it finished) and its very fun from the bit I played. Currently updating Bloodborne.

I decided to look at what the other games needed, and saw Doom's size after all of its patches. I almost had a heart attack. The damn game needs over 30 GB worth of patches, and most of it is for Multiplayer content my brother and I will never use. My internet can handle about a GB of data an hour (although the PS4 in sleep mode seems to go a bit faster, with Bloodborne doing 9GB in about 7 hours). Still, over 30 GB, especially for content you'll never use, is completely mental. The most I ever downloaded was the DC mmo on PS3, and that was 15-17 GB. I was worried about No Man's Sky update sizes, but apparently DOOM is as hellish as the villains of the game. Well, that will be a fun 20-30 hours of not being able to play any other game on the new PS4 :klingon: So either DOOM isn't going to get played for a long while because of this, or I'll have to turn off the PS4's wi fi and play it completely unpatched (apparently the single player is playable and pretty much stable even without patches).

Then I looked at Witcher 3, and I think my internet is going to revolt. I mean, at least that game has single player fixes and content in the updates, but even so the PS4 is going to spend a lot of time being unable to play more then one game :brickwall:

on a more positive note, the PS4 is just really cool. I like the dashboard, and the controller is a huge step up from the PS3 controller. I can't wait to put more time into MK XL, and eventually start Witcher 3 (which will be the next game I'll be playing along with MK, saving NMS and DOOM for later).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  19. Bob The Skutter

I finished The Walking Dead: Michonne. Not the best Telltale Games but I enjoyed it enough.

20. John Clark

Yeah, I was looking at the PC version of Doom when it was in the steam sale and they were quoting a 70gb download (and like you, I won't be using the multiplayer portion).

While I could probably have got away with the download, I'd have had to clear some space on my steam drive:(