What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. galleywest

galleywest Lovable Flake Premium Member

Good to know. I think I'll play a practice game first, to see how I like building the character.

LA Noire is amazing. The voice acting and character graphics are the best I've ever seen in a video game. Having played this and Skyrim as I was just getting into video games spoiled me for future games. I admit I spent a lot of time cruising around LA just listening to the radio.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

So I finished Arkham Knight (well the main storyline plus a bunch of side quests) yesterday and I absolutely loved it.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I finished the main story on Friday. Pretty awesome.

I've knocked out some of the side missions, but I still have a lot to do. I wish I had done more of these while I was playing through the story; some of these missions are going to get incredibly redundant.

And normally I'm not even that concerned with side missions, but I have to see the Knightfall Protocol!

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Luckily you don't have to get to 100% to see the Knightfall Protocol ending. ;)

And I'm actually really enjoying the side missions as well. I especially loved all the Riddler ones (I'm not hunting for all the Riddler trophies though). A bunch of other side missions were really good too.

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I do the same thing. I've had the game for months, and I'm not even halfway through it, because I end up driving around 1940s/1950s L.A., and listening to the radio.

6. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Yes and yes...

7. galleywest

I was playing yesterday and wouldn't get out of the car when I got to a crime scene because I had to hear the end of a Bickerson's sketch. :lol: I don't drive the other cars, though, so I'll never get that achievement trophy. It just feels so weird to just hijack someone's ride. I never played any of the GTA games and I guess it shows.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

True, but I still have some villains to catch, and about a million of those militia watchtowers to take down.

9. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm trying out:

Ronin (a turn-based action platformer clearly written by a Kill Bill fan, the little sampling I've played of it is pretty fun so far);

Gemini Rue (atmospheric sci-fi noir point-and-clicker that looks like it will be pretty challenging);

Kung Fury: Street Rage (essentially One Finger Death Punch redone as a side-scrolling Eighties beat-em-up featuring, of course, Kung Fury).

All look like they should be diverting.

10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally broke down and bought a copy of Castlevania Bloodlines for the Genesis. That's the only side scrolling Castlevania I've never played (I was a Nintendo kid growing up). So now I'm anxiously awaiting it to arrive and fire up my new Sega Genesis :D

11. Amaris

:lol:

I, on the other hand, will hijack anything and everything. :D

12. galleywest

And here you seemed like such a nice boy!

I just got to the part where Cole got busted down for his "un-American" affair with Elsa. I'm sort of ambivalent about this plot point, as I don't feel like there was a lot of lead up to it. He was all moral and upstanding for and then suddenly...he wasn't. I do, however, love the build-up that's going on with Kelso, Fontaine, and Sheldon. Although I'm not through with the game yet, that storyline and the way they're unveiling it bit by bit is quite masterful.

I do have one question: LA Noire famously used MotionScan technology to create incredibly realistic characters that feel acted rather than voiced. Are there any other video games that use MotionScan?

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's quite a bit different from how I played. I didn't drive anywhere if I could. I always used the fast travel option. I just didn't feel the driving was interesting and after a few street crimes I was over that aspect as well.

Skyrim on the other hand, I horsed all over the shop.

14. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You are in for a treat. Bloodlines is the forgotten Classic Castlevania, but that's only because it's the sole Sega release. It more than lives up to the name.

15. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm and Batman (when I can get some TV time).

16. Amaris

Perish the thought! ;)

I'm not there yet, as I'm still too busy driving around L.A. hijacking cars, but the game has already revealed itself to be more than just a GTA clone set in the 1940s. It is a very complex, nuanced game. I love it, and I wish they'd make more of these games.

I don't know of any other games than L.A. Noire. I heard rumors that Assassin's Creed Revelations was supposed to use it, but I'm not sure if they did. I'm pretty sure Team Bondi, and Depth Analysis (the company that pioneered the MotionScan technology) went bankrupt, or was bought out.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing the PS+ version of Driveclub a few days ago and I'm really enjoying it.

18. Amaris

Thanks to Xbox Live Gold, which I will have for a month, I have downloaded Plants vs. Zombies (for my nephew), and in a few weeks, Mass Effect 3. Hooray free games!

That said, I'm still playing Brutal Legend, and it is still awesome.

19. Juju Zombie

Juju Zombie Lieutenant

I'm playing Skyforge and Secret World currently. I don't have the mental fortitude to handle too many games at once. :)

20. galleywest

Nah, I still believe.

Oh crap, I guess I should have put that in spoilers. I'm sorry.

Yeah, Team Bondi basically went down in flames, I think. But it's such a shame the technology hasn't been used more extensively. It must be cost or time prohibitive.