What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Tomb Raider is a bit punishing at times...
    some cross-platform recommendations(games that appeared on PS3 and XB360):

Saints Row series

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4ECYsOBDA[/yt]

Sonic All Stars Racing

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2qfdDnWTk8[/yt]

Red Dead Redemption

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD24MkbHQrc[/yt]

Grand Theft Auto V

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs[/yt]

Assasin's Creed series

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R20-MOOZPpY[/yt]

Darksiders series

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArHzEGeiMbg[/yt]

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Not forgetting the Mass Effect trilogy, and Fallout 3.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment all weekend. I'm having a lot of fun.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The 360 has some great retail games and Rincewiend made some good recommendations, but there are some great cheap downloadable games on Live that shouldn't be ignored.

Banjo Kazooie & Tooie HD, Castle Crashers, Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Snoopy Flying Ace, Stacking, Beyond Good and Evil, Megaman 9 + 10, Super Meat Boy, etc.

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Keitha2: I was lucky to find a copy of Beyond Good and Evil for my PS2 recently. Took me three times looking at one of my local used game stores. Still looking for Soul Reaver 2 and Tony Hawk Proskater 4 though.

Played some Pokémon Alpha Sapphire today. Working on training up my team right now. Hoping to try to get Kyogre in the near future.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

If we're talking about the original, 1996 game, I'd agree with you.

The 2013 reboot felt pretty evenly "meh" in terms of difficulty.

Well, except maybe for the trial-and-error QTE sequences such as the rapids section with Lara implausibly (and needlessly gruesomely) getting impaled through the chin by a spike as a failure state.

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I loved the 2013 TR, but yeah even on Hard it wasn't really difficult.

8. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I think it's more to do with the fact that it's from the nu-universe, and I'm starving for some nuTrek right now. :lol:

Still, playing as Spock is so much fun, and the game is enjoyable. I die quite a bit, but that's because I'm no good at shooters. Plus, I'm getting used to the Xbox 360 controller, which is a bit different from the PS2/PS1 controller.

Sonic All Stars Racing looks like fun! I've got GTA IV on the way. It's not V, but I'll have to wait until that comes down in price and someone's willing to trade for what I have.

Thanks for the recommendations. :)

Hydro Thunder?! Woo! I loved that game for the PS2. Oh, I'm definitely going to have to get that one!

I don't know, that scene where she's crushed by the huge boulder at the beginning (my first death) kind of got me a bit worried. :lol:

9. starrchild

starrchild Captain Captain

Finally got 100% Achievements in South Park Stick of Truth (yes I'm slow :) ). Gonna miss playing around in that quaint little mountain town. :(

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Bit of an older game, but I recently started replaying Red Faction Guerilla after noticing the new owners had started updating it to remove GFWL, plus a few other goodies.

Holds up surprisingly well and plays lik a dream on a modern system (My old-old PC struggled with low frames and really bad pop-in.)
    Not much in the way of a story, but there really doesn't need to be when the mechanics are fun and the world is as well designed as this.
    I's like to say it's the best of the series, but I've yet to play RF2 or RFA. That said I've heard very mixed opinions of the former and nothing but a resounding "meh" about the latter.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I loved the needless gruesomeness of her deaths. They shocked the crap out of me.

12. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I like the game because it pulls me right in. I get into it, so that at 3 o'clock in the morning, you can hear panicked whispers of "shit!shit!shit!shit!shit!shit!" sotto voce, emanating from my room. :lol:

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

... and when you can topple giant fucking buildings! :D

14. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I got Burnout Paradise for only $3.49 on the Xbox Marketplace!
    I've been destroying other cars since then. :D

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Fantastic game, tons of DLC.

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah I had a ton of fun playing Burnout Paradise back when it was released. Most of the DLC was also pretty cool.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Plus, most of the DLC was free. Yeah, the good old days of publishers figuring out that stuff.

Of course, those were also the days of Horse Armor DLC, so yeah.

18. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

J. I really really really recommend the Mass Effect trilogy. Like, more than any other game. :D

I'm in the middle of building a new system but need a new power supply to be able to run everything (graphics card in particular). In the meantime Crusader Kings 2 runs excellently on the onboard card (Paradox games: not much on super graphics, but oh the RAM and processor power...) so I've started a new game in Wales. And my duke dies within 10 years leaving his 4-year-old daughter to inherit. We're off to a smashing start!

19. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Beyond Good and Evil....what a great game! Now, if BG&E2 would get back on the radar.

I've been playing and enjoying the hell out of/getting royally frustrated at Dying Light. It's basically Dead Island, repackaged, but it seems to be a lot more fun to play. My best friends in the game are firecrackers and Molotov Cocktails. :)

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Oh yeah, and what's great is when I downloaded it, they then patched it with a 1.9GB DLC patch! So I got everything up until the Big Island DLC (which I haven't purchased) for free! :D

I tried Mass Effect, and while the story and graphics are superb, I'm just not a heavy combat type. For me, light combat is okay, like Tomb Raider or Grand Theft Auto, or if it's a specific fighting game, but Mass Effect just didn't appeal to me there. I guess I just don't like warfare games as much as I used to. Thanks for the recommendation, though. :D