What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS.

I'm enjoying it, for the most part, although the coin collecting thing is clearly a cheap gimmick, and the series seems to now lack the frisson of nostalgia/originality that made the original DS game stand out at the time. It's just variations on a theme at this point (and how often can they really do the same thing over and over before it gets tired?)

There's a part of me that kind of wishes they'd taken the title literally, and maybe tried to update the oddball style of the NES Super Mario Bros 2 in the same way that the original updated the style of Super Mario Bros. Now, that would have been something quirky and fun. ;)

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Duck Hunt and SMB 3. Love those two games to death :p. Especially the latter. It's been really fun going back and playing it.

3. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

I dusted off the Magic cards

4. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't posted in this thread in a while...

Currenty I'm playing:

Marvel Heroes (PC) - Leveling up my guys. Recently maxed out Psylocke. Also currently working on Cyclops and will start Human Torch soon.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XB1) - I'm now mostly just working through the campaigns, though I play a game or two of matchmaking once in a while. I'm currently near the end of Halo 2, and I must say they've done a really good job with the remastered graphics, and the brand new made from scratch cutscenes are incredible. The remastered music and new sound effects are great, too.

Warframe (XB1) - Saw this F2P before on Steam and never got around to it (my PC isn't the best), but when I saw it on Xbox I decided to try it out. I like much more than I thought I would. I just play by myself, though. And I really don't feel any real pressure to buy anything (not that I ever would).

5. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Chris, in the remaster/redo of Halo 2, can you switch back and forth between the updated graphics and the old graphics of the original version, the way Halo CE Anniversary did? I'm curious to hear if the differences are as stark as they were between original Halo, and Anniversary? :)

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fired up Mass Effect 1 again, in between sessions of Inquisition and Sim City 2000

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I played a bit more of Super Mario 3D World last night and made it to Bowser's Castle in the final world. Unfortunately I don't have enough stars to access the level yet. Maybe this weekend I'll rack up what I need and attempt to beat the game.

8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been playing some games on my 3ds since my older tv just kicked the bucket :(. Mainly Pokémon AS and OR along with Tomodachi Life.

9. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Finished the main story in Fire Emblem Awakening a couple weeks ago. First FE game I've played and it made me a fan of the series. Now to try and find some of the other ones that have been released here. Already picked up one (GBA one) on the Wii U Virtual Console.

In the mean time I also picked up Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors a couple weeks ago and couldn't put that down until I finished it and found every ending. And now I'm playing the sequel - Virtue's Last Reward.

10. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Finished the 3rd episode of Captain Toad last night. Loved the "Post Credits Scene".

11. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, you can. And in the Master Chief Collection versions the transition is literally instantaneous, as opposed to the moment of blackness while switching with Halo Anniversary on the 360.

And yes, the differences are at least as stark as with H1, if not more so.

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Ratchet & Clank HD on my PS Vita last night. It's my third time playing the game, I also played it on the PS2 and the HD remaster on the PS3.

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked up Dark Souls earlier today and I find that I'm enjoying it far more than Demon's Souls.

14. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I also started playing COD: Ghosts and The Walking Dead S1 on my PS4 over the weekend.

15. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the info, Chris. :)

BigFoot, I have Walking Dead Season One for my PSVita, but still have yet to open it, and I bought the game many months ago. I really need to check it out.

In a couple more days, the HD remaster/remake of Resident Evil hits PS4 and the other major consoles....I am stoked, :)

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I already played both seasons on the PS3, but I found them both for $6.25 each for the PS4 so I decided to buy them again.

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Picked up Civilization: Beyond Earth this weekend. Talk about a learning curve. I've started half a dozen games of it at this point and always give up after an hour or two when I realize a critical mistake I made early on.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

This is what I've been playing over the holiday break, none of which I'm done with as of yet ;)

Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, AssCreed: Black Flag, Halo MCC (co-op campaign), Dark Dreams Don't Die (D4), Forza Motorsport V

(all XBONE)

Also, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (co-op campaign) on Xbox 360, although it didn't grab us as much as BL2 did.

I also have a sickening backlog section in my Steam library, including Bioshock Infinite and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but PC games will have to wait for now.

Hashtag too many great games, urgh.

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

TWD S1 is phantastic.