What are you watching???

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by HaventGotALife, Feb 15, 2014.

1. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Catching up with Batwoman. Supergirl tonight and possibly squeeze in the first episode of Supernatural, season fourteen.

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is anyone watching the new season of Agents of Shield?
    I loved the first several seasons, but the last couple have just been meh... I've been recording this, I'm just not sure if I'm up for it.

3. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

If it’s any consolation, I found the first 2 episodes to be pretty good. Worth watching, but you’ll probably need to have seen the last few episodes of the last season to fill in the blanks as to what’s going on.

Kirby and auntiehill like this.
  4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I agree. It's off to a pretty interesting start, but you'll need to have seen that last few episodes of the previous season to understand what's happening.

5. Kirby

^^ I did watch all of last season, I just didn't care for it. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

6. auntiehill

Hubby was home early from work, so we decided to watch something on the DVR. It was the really great documentary about Bruce Lee, called "Be Water." Even if you have no interest in his films, I think you'll still find the story of his life to be just fascinating.

Beckerjr likes this.
  7. auntiehill

Tonight, we watched "The Vast of Night" on Amazon.

Very interesting little movie, in a student-film kind of way.

8. John Clark

Brooklyn Nine Nine

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Ozark second season finale.

On this show, all the women are smarter than all the men.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Beauty and the Geek Australia.

Season 6, the final season.

11. John Clark

Right now, Supernatural season fourteen (Episode title Lebanon).

The Towering Inferno is on later so I might watch that (It's been ages since I last saw it and barely remember it) and probably some of We Hunt Together.

auntiehill likes this.
  12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Watched a few episodes of Archer on Hulu. My experience with this show is odd. I'll see clips online that are funny, but then watching actual episodes is a let down. The two I watched (Skytanic and The Rock from Season 1) had some funny moments but also some really crappy moments (especially Skytanic). I still can't decide if the show is worth watching or if the funny moments are too far apart to put up with the shitty parts (which is usually the supporting cast, who are terrible and generally not funny).

13. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Some random Top Gear clips on YouTube.

14. auntiehill

Watched some "Incredible Dr. Pol" this morning.

15. youngtrek

youngtrek Commander Red Shirt

I really liked the last couple seasons (I especially liked how each separate story arc felt very different from the last, the Ghost Rider, the Framework, the stuff in the future...).

Since I liked all of that and you say you didn’t, I don’t know how much it helps you decide but I, as several others have already said, have really liked what they’ve aired so far (the “back in time” story arc).

I especially like seeing someone from “Agent Carter” in this week’s and next week’s episodes since I also really liked that series. (I think it’s pretty public knowledge who it is by now but just in case anyone doesn’t know and didn’t want it to be spoiled, I won’t say who it is here.)

16. youngtrek

youngtrek Commander Red Shirt

My recent tv watching has been finishing up the current season of “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”, keeping up with the just recently started seasons of “DC‘s Stargirl” and “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD”, and, on DVD (rentals) the second season of the classic “The Lone Ranger“ tv series (these from 1950) and the later MGM “Our Gang” shorts (1940).

17. Kirby

I did watch the first two episodes yesterday, and I really enjoyed them. I like Coulson being Coulson again; I wasn't a big fan of Sarge.

18. John Clark

Catching up with Batwoman.

19. auntiehill

Space Force. I'm not all that fond of it--sometimes it's mildly amusing; other times, it's boring--but Hubby just loves it.

20. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

• Space Academy (pure 70s cheese and proof that Jonathan Harris is more than just a camp actor)
    • Spin City (has aged surprisingly well, even with mid-90s CRTs. )
    • Doctor Who, seasons 14, 18, and 19 (timeless)
    • 1970s comedy-game shows and their 2020 remakes (not sure which era got away with more, maybe the 1970s due to stronger overall censorship rules and overuse of "tinkle" words aside they did have to be a bit more clever in order to make anything even remotely broadcast-acceptable and I believe that's where the real fun is. Suggestive and double entendre are generally more fun but sometimes the straightforward question can work (especially if the answers are clean. For the most part. The balance is a needle in a haystack - hard to find but much easier to stitch a decent yarn with once found.))