What are you watching???

Caught up with the first two eps of I AM NIGHT. Enjoying it so far.

Is there a thread about this show yet? I can't find one, but I've never been quite sure how to search for things here.

Killer Elite starring Jason Statham, Clive Owen & Robert DeNiro via Netflix.

I remember seeing that at the cinema back in the day.
I'm just back from Alita: Battle Angel. I enjoyed it but am completely unfamiliar with the original.

Tonight I'm going to watch some Ridiculousness I DVR'd

Now that I'm done with The Wire, I'm thinking about starting either Band of Brothers or Boardwalk Empire

The Clash at Daytona, because I'm so starved for new racing. As soon as F1 and IndyCar come back, that'll be it for NASCAR for the year for me.

Started watching the new Chris Pine series on TNT, "I AM the Night", he's really good in it. I'm not really familiar with other versions of it, so I'm finding it intriguing. It's a period piece that takes place in the 1950s, there are two main plots: Jay Singletary (Chris Pine) is a reporter (formerly with the L.A. Times, now with the Enquirer) who has fallen from his career height due to reporting on a powerful man (George Hodel), he now has a drug problem and is self-destructive; Fauna Hodel is a teenage girl from the south who has come to L.A. in search of her real mother and father (Vivian and George Hodel).

Great movie. Need to rewatch it in preparation for the sequel.

I rented it from Redbox, even though the trailer for the sequel kinda gives it away.

Just finished it, not great, but it was entertaining. One thing that threw me off, when Tree is rushing from the dorm room (fourth or fifth time waking up), she's moving a lot faster, but everyone else around her is still going at the same pace. What was up with that? Weird, right?

Also, she falls for Carter during one of the loops, but when it resets, she's still in love, but as far as he's concerned, he has a great new girlfriend for clearing the lowest of low bars - don't take advantage of the drunk girl.

Ah, well. Next Redbox rental! The Equalizer 2 starring Denzel!

Back