Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Re: New around here, nice to meet me :)

Welcome VulcanLoveSlave! We have a thread dedicated to welcoming new menbers, so I'm going to merge this into that one. We have a bunch of board members in the Chicago area. I'm in South Carolina, but I made it to one of the Chicago get-togethers!

2. Tyjos Azari

Tyjos Azari Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just noticed there are threads like this in every subforum....but the names Tyjos Azari....

Been a Trekkie all my life.

-In fact as I'm writing this post i'm watching Wrath of Khan and Reading about the Ferengi on Memory Alpha! As well as wondering where I'm gonna put the new Star Trek figures I got on the way and 1 Tribble!

I'm a Collector of Trek stuff too mainly Comics, Figures and the DVDs.....

The Romulans are one of my favorite races in all of Trek.....plus the Q,Klingons, and the Borg.

Nice to know there are still Trek Sites still operating, a place where you can truly find fellow fans who love it as much as you do [and not be harrassed or insulted cause you like "Geeky" things like Sci-Fi and Star Trek]

3. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

I'm also a fellow trekkie good is these forums where Trek fans can just geek out it's cooler

4. Tyjos Azari

Tyjos Azari Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love geeking out, so much better than dredging through spam threads that people post on other forums.

At least here there are fellow intelligent geeks who don't post too many of those stupid one liner responses....see them all the time on other forums and they do get annoying after a while.

I may start up some Hypothetical Trek Threads as soon as I can stop my brain from pumping them out so I can get them put together!

5. Dragonfare

Dragonfare Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm very far behind in welcoming the newcomers, but that doesn't mean I'm not glad to see y'all! Welcome!

6. The Trekster

The Trekster Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: New around here, nice to meet me :)

Oh sorry, thanks for putting it in the right spot :)

7. Araashan

Araashan Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on these boards for a while. I'm a huge fan of TOS, TNG and DS9, and I'm also a pretty big Doctor Who fan. Although I'm usually the kind to just sit back and read, I thought I'd make an account, seeing how the community here seems really fun.

Glad to meet you all. :)

8. gazomg

gazomg Commander Commodore

Hi Folks......I am from Ireland and obviously a trek fan.
    I dabble in photoshop as well, just finding my feet here.
    Site looks great and HUGE.

9. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

Hi from a fellow irish Star Trek fan I'm happy that more people are joining these brilliant forums.

10. rosekitty

rosekitty Guest

Hello,everyone,the first time to come here,hope i can make friends with u.

11. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, you can be my friend. You will find many new friends here.:techman:

12. Evil Person

Evil Person Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I am Evil Person, um i am a major trekkie, i hate it when people think startrek is some sort of starwars, i like starwars but not as much as star trek, Sorry starwars, im gonna let you finish, but startrek was and still is better, if only they would come out with a new series. OK well anyway i run 3 role playing forums and play on 4 others, all but one of them i startrek, it is so hard to come by a startrek rpg, so i made one, i run 2 starwars rpgs (based on request) and 1 Startrek RPG (no one plays is and i am looking for players, main reason i joined, becuase it is hard to find one and i am providing something for people to do in free time, instead of watching startrek you can play an active part in it, i have the trekkie nations best interest at heart) Anyway i hope to become an active member of this forum, and yah.......

This is the startrek site url btw, it was a difforent site, but the admin gave it to me because only like 1 thred was active, so just because there are members dont think that they play, they dont........but they do like startrek......anyway here is the url, both startrek rpg's on that site are playable.
    http://design.motionsforum.com

13. Evil Person

Now i am confused, is osmeone suppost to greet me? or not????
    (Not to sound mean)

14. Dragonfare

Um... hi? I just now saw your post. It seems weird to welcome an Evil Person on board, but welcome!

15. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is honourable Admiral

Joining in late, but what the hey. I'm Mary Ann, 41, a Canadian living in England. I first got into Trek when TNG started. My husband is also a fan and two years ago my daughter, now 13, became hooked on Voyager when I was watching the reruns on Virgin 1. I have yet to corrupt my younger sons, but I'm not giving up hope. We have everything except the animated series on DVD. My Trek book collection is also constantly growing. Oh, and I have a small collection of Trek cross-stitch patterns, and am currently stitching the Voyager crew for my daughter. I guess I'm a multi-tasking fan!

16. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello to all our new Trek friends! Come join the fun and frivolity. Check out the Redshirt Lounge, too. As you progress in rank, new Lounges open up for you. They are a fun way to get to know others here on a personal level.

17. Dragonfare

Welcome, macloudt!

18. Tenman

Tenman Ensign Red Shirt

I am not new but I do have a question that I wanted to ask for over a year now.
    When ever I come to this site to check out the latest news
    on trek (not on the BBS boards)large square adds on the left side block out most of the news to read.Even if I click that story event just to read the ADD goes across half of
    the thing (from left to right) and I cannot read it just make out parts of it.:(
    Of course whats the point of even looking when I cannot
    even read it.My question is WHY do I have that problem?
    Any idea how I could fix it?

19. Evil Person

My computer does that all of the time, not just this site either, my advice is, get a new computer, or update popup blocker, use a difforent internet, (IE, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox)

20. Joshua Howard

Joshua Howard Captain Captain

Welcome, Evil Person, Macloudt, rosekitty, and whoever else new who has posted in this thread. Around this board there are quite a few very senior members who have been around for a long time and who have been Trek fans since the 60's. I'm not one of those people, but I have been in and out around these parts for going on two years now and have found this forum to be a pretty fun place. Enjoy. :-)