Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Garak Nephew

Garak Nephew Cadet Newbie

Hi. Another refugee from Omega Sector. Being a fan of Trek since the late 70s after watching Spanish dubbed version of TOS. Trek is a speculation engine to switch-on the Mind. DS9 is my favorite iteration. Mostly enjoying the Nu-Trek, except Picard.

2. Gary Seven of Nine

Gary Seven of Nine Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey everyone. I've only just "discovered" Star Trek in the past 7-8 years, and since then I've seen just about every episode and movie many times over.

The other day I said to myself "I need to join a Star Trek community of some sort", and I Googled and this was the first place to pop up

I'm no stranger to forums, I've been a member of CowboysZone (Dallas Cowboys forum) since 2004, which uses the same software as this place it seems.

But anyway, I'm here! So hi! :biggrin:

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

;)

4. jeng3935

jeng3935 Ensign Red Shirt

I just wanted to say hello to the group! My name is jeng3935 but you can call me jeng! I love all things Star Trek, including the new shows Picard and Prodigy..and I have to add, I went to my first ever Star Trek convention last year in August and had an AMAZING time meeting friends and the cast of Star Trek Voyager of course! I used to be here a long time ago but decided to leave due to it being "too cliquey" for my tastes. However, after reconsideration for some time, I thought I would allow myself the privlege of coming back here for a while! So, nice to meet everybody. I hope to see some familiar names!

5. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

Welcome back, Jeng. I'm probably one of the newer members though I'm from the TOS/TOS-rerun eras. Many of the old-timers are very active here. :techman:

6. jeng3935

jeng3935 Ensign Red Shirt

Hi! Yeah, that's cool. I was also a TOS fan before I was ever a Voyager fan! It's nice to be here in the presence of other fans.

7. haddie moonfall

haddie moonfall Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi, I just wanted to chime in and say how..it's nice to have a place to find fellow trekkies.. I've been watching ST my whole life (since i watched the TOS in the 70s).. and i read the books!

i love Roddenberry's vision and it helps me stay positive in a crazy world. So much dystopia out there on screen and off (ha).

I love Prodigy and laugh so much with LD.. I spent most of my time watching Enterprise while I was doing something else until Season 4 when I really enjoyed it, too bad it ended when it was just getting good. My favorite is a tie between DS9 and NG. I miss the episodic, well lighted Star Trek.. Looking forward to more SNW.

And :adore: Picard S3 is so great....loving it! :luvlove: If the season continues to be as good as first two episodes, then i hope Terry Matalas continues to be the showrunner...someone who loves Star Trek! yes!:angel:

LL&P

RubySlipppers and Admiral Picard like this.
  8. Gary Seven of Nine

Unfortunately season 3 is the last season of Picard... but who knows if there may be another spinoff show that Matalas can run?

9. Admiral Picard

Admiral Picard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to the best Trek board in the universe! :beer:

haddie moonfall likes this.
  10. Jellico

Jellico Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You have a cool screen name! This place is great for Trek fellowship. I wish I’d have more time. I’d be posting all of the time.

11. Quantum21

Quantum21 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm Quantum21. I'm not your ordinary ones and zeroes. I'm something more. I just might be both.

I also Like Trek. I'm not reserved on this point, I enjoy it all. You might say this is my super position on the subject.

I look forward to entangling with you all.

RubySlipppers likes this.
  12. Gary Seven of Nine

Thanks! My name is Gary so it works at a third level as well. :D

13. ColonelWest

ColonelWest Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone, I’ve just registered today! I’m currently making my way through Star Trek for the first time and so far I’ve watched TOS (including the films, TNG (also including the films), DS9 and and I’m just getting towards the end of Voyager’s second season (just finished watching the episode Innocence). :hugegrin:

Magistos, Henoch, Quantum21 and 2 others like this.
  14. rondo

rondo Ensign Red Shirt

first post, lifetime star trek fan and i'm in my early fifties. I look forward to enjoying this place.

15. Cube1701

Cube1701 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've been a Trekkie since I was around 12, after walking into the lounge while my step dad wad watching Voyager (around season 5/6ish). I love all the shows so far.

I've been part of other Star Trek forums in the past (namely Bridge Commander ones, as I used to help with modding projects), but for some reason never registered here before.

I have also set myself the challenge of playing as many Star Trek video and board games that I can (I've hopefully got a full list, done in date order). I'm hoping it would be fine to do a thread posting my thoughts on a few at a time, hopefully it will be something people will want to discuss.

Plus talking about Trek in general, I'm hoping it's less abrasive here than on places like Reddit.

rondo, Henoch, Magistos and 1 other person like this.
  16. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Welcome aboard. We can get a little prickly but still try to be nice...at first :devil:

Glad you're here. :beer:

Cube1701 likes this.
  17. Magistos

Magistos Commander Red Shirt

Howdy - somehow I missed this thread, so here we go -

I've been aware of this place for awhile now, but never got the nerve to dip my toe into the water. Decided to jump in and get to know you all, and I'm glad I did!

Gen-X'er here. Old enough to have seen TOS in syndication re-runs in the late 70s and early 80s and the watched TNG and the others as they came out weekly back in the day, and recorded the eps on VHS. I've been a fan of Trek (and most sci-fi) ever since.

Love online gaming, though almost no time for it these days. Used to help run "The Old Timers Guild" back in the day, so played STO in addition to everything else (EXCEPT WoW).

Love to read and have a BUNCH of the Trek novels from back in the day in my basement library - the weirdest (in my opinion) "How Much for Just the Planet" is there, along with a hardback copy of "Spock's World".

I enjoy Star Trek, Star Wars, B5, sci-fi, fantasy, etc., and love to talk about them, but I don't find myself getting too wrapped up in how minutiae must fit together. It's entertainment, and while I understand for somepeople the minutiae forming a solid non-contradicting canon IS the entertainment, for me it isn't. It's also why I don't watch sad "gut punch" shows for the most part. No judgment if you do, but I watch shows and read books for escapism.

Wife, three kids. Degrees in psychology, finance, history and management, I work in wealth management and I am hard of hearing, so while I love the music, you won't find me catching subtle sonic cues - I'll rely on you for that. :cool:

Henoch and fireproof78 like this.
  18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You and I should get along great. I am very similar in mindset. Also, a degree in psychology and a fascination with history, though no formal education.

Magistos likes this.
  19. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

There’s a whole forum dedicated to Trek Gaming.

Enjoy!

Anna Yolei and Cube1701 like this.
  20. vulcancicada

vulcancicada Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone, I am 34 and grew up watching tos and all the series of the 90s (the only good parts of my childhood :). I am a always rewatching one series or another. I moved to a new country in the pandemic and haven't really managed to connect with anyone in real life so, I thought I'd give this a try. I love sci-fi and just hoping to make new online friends here. I love endlessly discussing trek, what can I say?