Weird Test: Can We Guess Your Age Based on Your Star Trek Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Lord Garth, Aug 2, 2019.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate HowStuffWorks. Blocked it from my Facebook feed because the quality of quizzes is so bad, usually not even up to the standards of a dumb distraction.

I got 44, and I’m 36.

2. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Same here - 64 but, Star Trek debuted when I wasn't quite 3 (still watched right off).

3. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got the same thing and I'll be 40 next month! :lol:

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

Ovation likes this.
  5. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like I’m the only one it got right, only because I’m a Age that it has as a option.

6. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Premium Member

That's what you get for liking old stuff.:rommie:
    Thank god there were no sitcom questions or my love for I love Lucy would have made them think I'm 80.

I got:

Your parents were the original Trekkies. You grew up watching reruns of the original series and vaguely remember first run episodes of "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Voyager," and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine." While you love "Star Trek: The Original Series," you will always be partial to Jean-Luc Picard and his crew.

Yeah ... I'll always be partial to Jean-Luc Picard and his crew but that wasn't hard to guess considering I put TNG, Stewart, Picard etc., as my favorite every time a question like that popped up. Everything else is off, I don't love TOS, I don't barely remember first run episodes of TNG, DS9 and Voy, I remember them very well, my parents were aware of Star Trek before I started watching but not trekkies and still aren't and I'm not 31 although I wouldn't mind if I were.

7. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Captain Captain

The year 2019 is the age of media overload filtered by critical acclaim, as opposed to “free” network TV that shapes one’s perceptions. The first Twilight Zone I watched was the 1980s revival, but there is no way it can beat Serling’s original.

8. Spot261

Spot261 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm 64 too!

Did we all go to school together?

BillJ likes this.
  9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup, 64. I'm 56...

10. nafeasonto

nafeasonto Ensign Red Shirt

Most trekkies who hate NuTrek, or Discovery are mostly in their 50's or higher and male. I can guarantee it.

People who don't like change, and who think everything needs to stay the same. Basically baby boomers. They also think TNG is the greatest thing since "sliced bread", and it did no wrong. Even though the first two seasons were atrocious, and find weird reasons to defend Star Trek V and Star Trek The Motion Picture. Which were both terribly written and edited movies.

They also are children and refer to Discovery as "STD" even though, no Star Trek in history is abbreviated with "ST"

Also they make a big deal about the Klingons hair in Disco, but forget what the Romulans hair was like in Star Trek V. How convenient.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    antinoos likes this.
  11. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Same. And I just turned 47 last Thursday.
    I am unabashedly a TOS fan first and foremost. I just think it's the best overall show.

But it was Star Trek III that debuted when I was 12, not TOS. I was -6 when TOS premiered and watched it when it was in syndication in the 70s. ;)

12. RuthlessNate

RuthlessNate Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I got 44. My 31st birthday is in two weeks.

13. RPOW0614

RPOW0614 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I got 64 too, I'm 57.

14. BillJ

BillJ History’s Greatest Monster Premium Member

:beer:

JonnyQuest037 likes this.
  15. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Tells me, I'm forty four. Which is exactly double my actual age.

I think TNG/DS9/VOY era is the heart, soul, and mind of the franchise, but I have enduring respect for TOS.

Prax likes this.
  16. Tiberous Q Data

Tiberous Q Data Ensign Red Shirt

[SIZE=3]You Got:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]64[/SIZE]

Chris Ryan / OJO Images / Getty Images
    "Star Trek" debuted when you were 12. Immediately, you were captivated by the adventures of James T. Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and the rest of the crew. You have seen the franchise go from one show that struggled in the ratings to a global phenomenon. While you appreciate the 80s and 90s "Star Trek" series, you will always have a soft spot for the series that started it all.

I'm 46. I think that anyone who was and adult or close when when Next Generation dropped might just get herded into this range if they were already Trekies.

I'm not even a fist shaking curmudgeon other than not being much on Enterprise though I like the uniforms.

Shows:

Next Generation
    Star Trek
    DS9
    Animated series
    Voyager

Discovery is pending

Enterprise

Movies:
    Khan
    Into Darkness
    First Contact
    Undiscovered Country
    Search for Spock
    Star Trek 2009
    Beyond

Voyage Home (good Trek but meh movie)
    Generations (good flick but omitted from head cannon continuity because it leaves me believing Kirk and Picard are still in the Nexus and Jim will just get bored being dead one day and be back making breakfast and Picard is having his fantasy of keeping on keeping on).

Insurrection
    Motion picture

Nemesis

And of course the other one that if forced I call "god" that is deleted from my whole existence other than the cool little camping scene to start.

17. Odona Kirk

Odona Kirk Commodore Commodore

I got 64; ""Star Trek" debuted when you were 12." Actually I was 5 1/2 when it debuted, and at that age I had to watch what my parents watched, which certainly wasn't "Star Trek".

18. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Admiral

They almost got it right. I am 43 but the test is off a month. Have a birthday in October. Jason

19. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really don't get it, from pretty-strongly favoring the first two shows (and within the original Spock) I got 61 when I'm actually 30.

I said TNG would be best for both marathoning and introducing someone new and had the best captain (though Worf the best character of the show) and uniforms though I picked the original series Enterprise as coolest ship.
    I picked the Dominion War wasn't for me, I liked parts of it it's just overall far from awesome.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  20. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Admiral

It might not make sense but we do need to respect the science used to get the results. Maybe eveyone who tested younger or older simple have a inner soul that doesn't match physical age. Jason