Weird Test: Can We Guess Your Age Based on Your Star Trek Opinions?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Lord Garth, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's a link to the Online Quiz.

Let's see how your results came out. Mine came out really weird. The results were:

You Got:

Your parents were the original Trekkies. You grew up watching reruns of the original series and vaguely remember first run episodes of "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Voyager," and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine." While you love "Star Trek: The Original Series," you will always be partial to Jean-Luc Picard and his crew.

Yeeaaaaah, some of this was right. Parts of it were way off. Though my parents were/are Trekkies, they got my age wrong by nine years.

Then there's this little part...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

2. BillJ

BillJ History’s Greatest Monster Premium Member

I got 64! I'm actually 47. :guffaw:

3. XCV330

XCV330 A Being of Pure Caffeine Premium Member

[SIZE=3]You Got:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]64[/SIZE]
    "Star Trek" debuted when you were 12. Immediately, you were captivated by the adventures of James T. Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and the rest of the crew. You have seen the franchise go from one show that struggled in the ratings to a global phenomenon. While you appreciate the 80s and 90s "Star Trek" series, you will always have a soft spot for the series that started it all.

Couple of decades off.I grew up watching trek reruns in the late 70s so that might have thrown it off, a bit.

BillJ likes this.
  4. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

It tells me I'm 64. That would put me in my parents' generation.
    Kor

BillJ likes this.
  5. BillJ

BillJ History’s Greatest Monster Premium Member

I'd say this part is true about me:

plynch and Armus like this.
  6. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

says I'm 31, i have not been 31 for 20 years lol
    And I am not partial to Picard and his crew lol

7. ChallengerHK

ChallengerHK Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Debuted when I was 5, but aside from that, it's pretty much spot on.

You Got:
    "Star Trek" debuted when you were 12. Immediately, you were captivated by the adventures of James T. Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and the rest of the crew. You have seen the franchise go from one show that struggled in the ratings to a global phenomenon. While you appreciate the 80s and 90s "Star Trek" series, you will always have a soft spot for the series that started it all.

8. Delta Vega

Delta Vega Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm 58

9. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

44! Only 6 years short. Not too bad. Not enough DS9 options in the questioning though.

10. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Commodore Commodore

I got 64 as well, I'm 35. Apparently you can't be a TOS fan if you weren't alive when it aired.

11. Armus

Armus Commodore Commodore

They aged me 26 years.:mad:

NewHeavensNewEarth likes this.
  12. plynch

plynch Commodore Commodore

64; they aged me by 11.

13. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    You Got:

You grew up surrounded by "Star Trek" and appreciate all interpretations of the franchise. While those older than you argue about the merits of the J.J. Abrahms movies and whether or not "Star Trek: Discovery" is worth watching, you love it all. Sure, some "Star Trek" movies and shows are better than others, but the franchise is so old, you figure it was bound to happen.

To quote Kirk: I feel young again. :lol:

14. eschaton

eschaton Commodore Commodore

It said I was 44, which is an overestimate of four years. Apparently the closest estimate to date.

I concur there weren't enough DS9 questions on the quiz. It's really "my show" but if forced to pick a second, I'd probably pick TNG, which ages me up a bit.

15. Lord Garth

Discovery messed up my results. They really "penalized" me for it. A lot.

I'm sure if I took the test two years ago, it would've come out to something very different. So, let's see what I get without Disco... I got 64!

So the simple fact that I like Discovery as much as I do knocked 33 years off my "age". :p

I feel like Doc Brown. "Excuse the disguise, Marty, but I was afraid you wouldn't recognize me. I went to the rejuvenation clinic and got an all natural overhaul! They took out some wrinkles, did a hair repair, changed the blood, added a good 30 to 40 years to my life. They also replaced my spleen and colon. What do you think?"

16. antinoos

antinoos Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

In Ressik, Kataan Debunking "Stars Go Nova"
    You Got: 19
    LOOOOOOL I WISH or should I be offended? :lol: I'm actually 42

BUT
    That's how I feel about Star Trek to a T:
    You grew up surrounded by "Star Trek" and appreciate all interpretations of the franchise. While those older than you argue about the merits of the J.J. Abrahms movies and whether or not "Star Trek: Discovery" is worth watching, you love it all (:techman:). Sure, some "Star Trek" movies and shows are better than others, but the franchise is so old, you figure it was bound to happen.

17. Finn

Finn Admiral Admiral

I got 31

:lol:

18. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I did the first few questions, didn't see any DS9 references, closed it.

Bad Thoughts likes this.
  19. Lord Garth

There are some if you go further down.

The whole thing is ridiculous but it's the ridiculousness I get a kick out of.

Cutie McWhiskers and BillJ like this.
  20. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I got 64. But I just turned 28...:guffaw:

But I was immediately captivated by TOS though when I first discovered at the age of 16. I absolutely adore it.

Relayer1, Jedman67, Gov Kodos and 4 others like this.