WB's Justice League 2017 movie pre-discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Samurai8472, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Of course, it's similar to the way the '40s radio Superman constantly narrated his own actions to himself. "There! I caught the elevator cable just in time! Now to pull the car up! It must weigh tons!" Although it seems more redundant in comics, since in theory, it should be possible to tell what's going on from the pictures.

2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WTF......

3. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was meant as a PSA aimed at people in the south of USA, British royalty, and the Targaryens. :D

Mage likes this.
  4. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Comic writers can be weird perverts at times.
    Ultimate Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch - Mark Millar and Jeph Loeb

Hulk and She-Hulk in the alternate universe of Old Man Logan - again Mark Millar

Hulk and She-Hulk in the main Marvel continuity. - The story "Basic Instinct" by Paul Jenkins
    Hulk went into a rage and beat up the Avengers as a way to display his "dominance" in front of She-Hulk. He wanted to "smash" She-Hulk too but she rejected him.

Nate Grey and Madelyne Pryor - The X-Man series.
    Nate Grey is the alternate universe (Age of Apocalypse) son of Scott and Jean. Madelyne Pryor is the 616 clone of Jean Grey. Scott married and had a son with Madelyne, and that son was called Nathan Summers (Cable). So, genetically speaking, Nate and Madelyne are related.

The Inhuman Royal Family - Black Bolt and Medusa are cousins. I think Karnak, Triton and Gorgon also have familial ties to Black Bolt and Medusa (also Crystal). I think most Inhumans may be related to one another.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn Marvel.......

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The movies can, but I have a feeling if one of the TV series wanted to do a plot that was similar to what they were planning on doing in one of the upcoming movies, they'd probably ask them not to do it. It's the same reason they used to do the character bans.
    I find it hard to believe there isn't a lot of crossover between the shows and the movies. Yeah, a lot more people watch the movies than the shows, but I would be surprised if a lot of the people who watch the shows didn't also watch the movies.
    The only real exceptions I could maybe see would be stuff that is a significant part of the character's backstory, for instance if we got a Wonder Woman show, I'm pretty sure we'd still start out with Diana growing up on Themyscira, and finding Steve Trevor once she's an adult. They'd probably set it in the modern day and give us a different villain from Ares though, so that would probably differentiate it quite a bit from the movie.
    Well, DC did have the whole thing with Hal Jordan and the underage girl. There were also several other instances of them indicating Superman and Supergirl should hook up, I know at least one had a computer that was supposed to pick a person's perfect mate, and it picked Supergirl for Superman.

7. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, wow. I knew about Mark Miller's incestuous Hulk-She-Hulk in that garbage Old Man Logan comic, but I didn't know about Paul Jenkins trying that shit in the normal continuity. Looking up his work the few things I've read of his I thought were almost all trash except his Inhumans book (which I did like and even own the motion comic of), but I'll probably avoid him if he ever returns to mainstream comics.

Also, I just have to say screw Mark Millar, just as a general sentiment. He did one or two good things, but between Old Man Logan and his work in the Ultimate Universe the guy is just out of his mind.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The producers of Agents of SHIELD had to get permission even to mention HYDRA pre-Winter Soldier, and were forbidden to do their LMD story until after Age of Ultron.

9. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

To be fair (I'm feeling nit picky--nothing personal), I believe the computer that picked a mate picked a "Superwoman" and the story was published before Supergirl was created as a character (though the "Superwoman" looked remarkably like a slightly older version of Supergirl). However, it has been nearly 40 years since I read the comic, so I could be completely out to lunch here.

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Actually, it's from the same story as the panels above...Supergirl's trying to play matchmaker and finds the Superwoman character via Fortress computer.
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Comics_Vol_1_289
    Noteworthy for being an early appearance of the Adult Legion, and for establishing through their future marriage the relationship between Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.

11. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I stand corrected.

12. Turtletrekker

A Variety piece on the reshoots...

A few highlights...

13. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can definitely see Whedon coming in to "punch up" the dialog. He's almost always very good at interesting and/or snappy dialog, and I can see the movie needing help in that department based how the other Snyder directed movies handled dialog.

14. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Oh no! I hope they're not referring to the snappy one-liners from the MCU films that have becoming increasingly annoying to me.

What the hell is Whedon getting a producing credit for? All he did was did some nip and tuck to the screenplay and finished the post-production. That's all. What the hell is Warner Bros. doing? I'm just so disgusted with all of this.

15. Turtletrekker

^:lol:

It's a movie. Relax for God's sake.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

"Sources say" "may"

And even if it happens, so what? Hardly worth getting into a twist over.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Cousin marriages... producing credits... mustaches... goddamnit, we're all overlooking the big, important question regarding this film:

[​IMG]
    Are we going to get follow-through and resolution
    on Lex's experimental bullets or not?!
    [​IMG]

18. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

The only important question relevant to your post is if you're going to update your Photobucket account. Can't see the pic. XD

dahj likes this.
  19. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

When will people finally move on from photobucket? :p

The Nth Doctor and Turtletrekker like this.
  20. Turtletrekker

Photo*ucket is done. The only reason I ever started an account there in the first place was because it was free. They don't offer any services there that I consider to be worth paying for.