Watching Voyager (basically for the first time)...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Overgeeked, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

They do go into more detail about them in later seasons

2. Logopolis

Logopolis Commander Red Shirt

True...but was it a case of too little too late by then? I personally feel it would have been better served in the earlier years to help further establish the characters.

3. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

Yes and no. There are some stories early on that give you background, but there are stories later on that are helped by the fact that the writers and the actors know the character better by that point.

4. Overgeeked

Overgeeked Captain Captain

S02E05. Non Sequitor. You can say that again. I really didn't like this one. More time travel / alternate reality shenanigans. Took me two years and several attempts to get through this one. I need to learn to just skip episodes. Bad writing. Bad acting. At this point in the Star Trek universe, you'd think that Starfleet and the Admiralty would be a bit more understanding and inquisitive about alternate reality stories from its people. This was probably the third alternate reality switcheroo they'd dealt with that month, so why was it so hard to believe Harry...oh, yeah, because plot. Harry's love interest looks familiar. Was she a Klingon in another episode? A foot chase? On Earth? No phasers, no transporters...so funny. Scanners and sensors. Harry's wearing a comm badge...but they can't find him. Sigh. No tractor beams. Sigh.

S02E06. Twisted. Most of the senior staff on the holodeck and an anomaly in space? I wonder what's going to happen...oh, well at least it wasn't that predictable. Another abstract problem, but at least there's solid physic problems and obstacles to overcome. Neelix being jealous of basically everyone. The more of him I see the more like a stalker or abusive boyfriend rather than an actual partner to Kes. I was wondering when something more than safe room and deck shuffling was going to happen. They really like saying phenomenon. I can't help but think of the Sesame Street song. And of course, it's mostly technobabble to get out of the problem. Ugh. Well, at least it wasn't really a problem. Just a weird way of communicating. Still, that was a really unsatisfying episode.

5. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Gosh just noticing the dates between reviews! Good to see you hanging on in there ;)

6. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

I know what that's like... sometimes I need a little break from a show before picking it up again.

Kor

7. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm doing that with a book right now. Started it ages ago and then just dropped it. Might have to start over completely now as it is a mystery.

8. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think I needed a break from my VOY rewatch since I'm only up to Blood Fever and I saw that one nearly 2 weeks ago. Time to start up again!

9. CDP

CDP Commodore Commodore

The Cloud gave us this line which redeems it:

Janeway: I need to know if we did serious harm to that life-form.
    Doctor: Let's see... you ran your ship through it, fired phasers at it, and blew a hole in it with a photon torpedo. I'd say it's a pretty good chance that you did some fairly significant --

I always loved that line :lol::lol::lol: