Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Ohhh cool idea.

Except...

Does that mean Artie's life will be forever in the hands of one Claudia Donovan? :devil: Tick Tock!

Hey, another "Mother" has been cast.... http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...o-guest-star-on-Warehouse/UPI-58761343872882/

2. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

So let me get this straight. Brent Spiner's character is telling Artie, "You can never, ever use the astrolabe! Using it is phenomenally bad!" Qualified with, "But if you ever do use it, you have to use it a second time!"

Uh, what? You just said using the astrolabe is bad. Even if you go back and erase the effects of the first usage, you are using the astrolabe again. Maybe the unspeakable evil is only released on odd-numbered uses?

I'm also a little fuzzy on this whole notion of "no using artifacts" in general. Aren't the Tesla guns, the communicators, and some of their regular gadgets, classified as artifacts, or were made using artifacts?

I'm so proud of myself, though. I called both the Lovecraft thing, and the idea of connections between the assault victims, well before they were revealed.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hank Ford and Tommy Edison suppressed a lot of technology because it got in the way of their profit margins.

The bioelectic car, the Teslers and Farnsworths.

There's probably an entire wing of the warehouse filled with nothing but old betamax video players.

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

This.

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah... and really I think we're only talking misdirection for Artie, not for the audience. We haven't seen her do one thing out of character yet.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

7. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I love allison scagliotti !

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

^Or would if she'd let me! :)

9. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Every hit sci fi show requires a nerd fetish object. Alison very much fullfills the needs of the audience!

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish, but that character could be off-screen for any number of episodes. Spear carriers can get bronzed or something, so that they aren't really part of the show.

11. RJDiogenes

Well, okay, let me rephrase:

He won't be dead again for at least seven weeks. :D

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Tomorrow night, Episode 4:03 Personal Effects

Brian J. Smith guest stars as the team tracks down artifacts from Sykes' arsenal.

Good to see Stargate is getting in the action too. I'd hate to think Star Trek was hogging all the guest spots.

:lol:

13. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, that's ... delicious!

14. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

"PERSONAL EFFECTS"

Now THAT was an interesting effect/consequence between Claudia & Jinksie... but if there's such a close connection then why didn't Sykes die when they killed HIS metronome minion?

Does anyone have a guess as to whom Artie was speaking at the end of the show? Do we seen/know of any other artifact hunters besides HG?

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Odo?

16. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My only problem with the episode was that I don't think someone who has been electrocuted would be a viable organ donor, but I'm not an expert. Anybody know for sure?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  17. RJDiogenes

^^ He would have been disqualified just because of the circumstances of his death. There would need to be an investigation, by which time the heart would no longer be viable. Nevertheless, I found the story quite touching. Warehouse 13 is usually very good with character motivation and this one was especially nice.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, there are only so many Canadians to go around. ;)

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed this episode. A good story with lots of good character moments.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Finally got caught up on all three episodes. Honestly, I haven't too impressed with the direction they've taken so far this season. There seems to be an overwhelming lack of focus. The writers fell into the same trap so many genre shows do: they wrote themselves into a corner last season without any long-term plan. So now they're stuck throwing stuff at the wall hoping something will stick.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The whole astrolabe thing seems haphazardly thrown together with little attention to detail.

I think their intention is to ultimately make Brother Spiner the uber bad for the season, but since they had to do such a turnabout with the primer, they had to toss in all these red herrings.

Flanigan was in an episode very early in the series.

I've thought for a while that Shanks would make a great rouge Regent.

HG is the most obvious answer. She's the one mostly likely to do something a little nefarious without asking any questions and still keeping it on the DL.

Though since we don't know much about Murray's availability, it could be someone else.

I doubt it's Hugo.

I actually suspect it might be a new "old" agent. I seem to recall that picture Artie had way back in the pilot of his old team had five people in it. If we retcon backwards we get: Artie, Misses F., Hugo, McPhearson, and one other person. If I remember correctly (and it's been a while) the last person was a guy, so it couldn't be Vanessa.

It just seems like if they go the evil Artie route, having another agent from his past seems like the most likely route to take.