Spoilers WandaVision discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 15, 2021.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

They must have chose Evan Peters for a reason, and I suspect that reason is something more than Aaron Taylor-Johnson's availability.

ITDUDE and saddestmoon like this.
  2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

To troll the audience.

SolarisOne and FreezeC77 like this.
  3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I mean, Evan Peters is probably the only person that didn’t make us immediately suspicious by not being Wandas real twin brother and looking like a stranger.
    He is the only person we are actively rooting for to be the real McCoy.

That said, we know some things and/or persons from Wanda‘s false reality are going to make the transition to the real world.
    What are the chances whoever he is is gonna get stuck being Pietro/Quicksilver from now on?

Turtletrekker and ITDUDE like this.
  4. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Next Spider-Man movie instead of getting Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, we'll be trolled and get them as actors auditioning to play Peter Parker in a movie :D

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nicholas Hammond or go home.

6. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, yes, but their function in the narrative -- the American-dominated paramilitary agency with fancy science tech that reacts to fantastical crises and which varies between being helpful and antagonistic towards the Good Guys -- is functionally identical. Nothing about WandaVision's plot so far would have been meaningfully different if SWORD were named SHIELD instead. It would have only taken a two-second handwave to keep it in continuity with The Winter Soldier and Agents of SHIELD ("I'm glad you're here, Monica -- after all the work Coulson and his team did under the radar, SHIELD is back and better than ever since the Snap" or some such).

7. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even though I also at this point don't think Peters is playing Quicksilver I think he will do double duty at some point and play Quicksilver as well. I can even see the moment. Peters shows up and you think he is a about to do a villain thing only he has a special scene were we find out it is Quicksilver instead and he has a big hero moment like speeding through the town rescuing all the town people as the bubble is breaking down, to the backdrop to a cool song like Wake me up before you Go-Go by Wham. Jason

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nicholas Hammond is probably old enough to play Jay Jonah Jameson at this point. :angel::guffaw:;)
    (And hey, I was 14 when he played Spider-Man on the short-lived CBS TV series starting back in 1977. :crazy:)

Starkers likes this.
  9. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the end of the episode he caught Monica "snooping". That could very easily mean he's working with Agatha and was watching the surroundings of the house to keep everyone out.

Or that was just his "quirky" way of speaking again and he's actually going to team up with Monica next episode because he resents Agatha's control over him and/or he "became the mask" and developed real feelings towards Wanda and/or the twins.

10. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

He may have been snooping as well

Orphalesion likes this.
  11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Workbee

Workbee Commander Red Shirt

Nice little nod to The Munsters with that typeface and music.

13. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    My favorite MCU project outside the feature films...hands down. WandaVision is the best Marvel show yet made for a streaming platform.

14. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It definitely grows on you. And it’s actually The Agatha Show, not WandaVision. But it’s an easy mistake to make ;)

15. cooleddie74

Vision and Wanda are rapidly becoming the most interesting characters in the MCU.

Seven of Five, saddestmoon and Anwar like this.
  16. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

It's funny how that keeps happening. Steve started off as probably the least popular of the "Big" Avengers and went on to be the closest thing we have to a well-done Modern Superman character.

Now this TV show has taken Vision and Wanda and made them highlights as well.

I really hope this show gets some award recognition like the Mandalorian did.

Sci, saddestmoon and cooleddie74 like this.
  17. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

How can you insult the Inhumans tv show like that! WanderVision is a great show but lets not go crazy!

Jason

cooleddie74 likes this.
  18. cooleddie74

What did I just say? ;)

Jayson1 likes this.
  19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'll definitely be interesting to see how the other Disney+ MCU shows compare. Then again, they seem to be going a similar route as the movies by making each show something completely different. This is a whacky sitcom, Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be action thriller, Loki sort of sci-fi/fantasy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    ITDUDE and The Nth Doctor like this.
  20. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

It was pointed out on one numerous youtube videos about this dhow tbat Monica's eyes were already glowing with purple magically before Quicksilver came up beside her. From what I gather her power involves analyzing and adapting to new energies, seems her studying that cellar was giving her that purple eyeglow, not something Quicksilver might have been doing...