VOY: Unworthy by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by nx1701g, Sep 21, 2009.

?

Grade "Unworthy"

1. Excellent

42.2%
  2. Above Average

42.2%
  3. Average

11.0%
  4. Below Average

1.8%
  5. Poor

2.8%
  1. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Re: Unworthy - Discuss/Grade Thread <SPOILERS>

Fantastic news! Congratulations, I look forward to reading it. :)

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'll be there on release day to buy it!

3. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm enduring watching Voyager just so I can read these books. You are causing me pain, ma'am! :lol:

4. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

If you bring Kathryn Janeway back I will not only buy this book, I'll order all three at the same time from Amazon, if not then again I'll pass.

Brit

5. Gates

Gates Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Congrats, Kirsten. Can't wait to see where you take us all.

6. seigezunt

And if you bring her back, and then kill her again in the same book, I'll buy three copies of all three, and the e-book! For 150 quatloos!

7. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

And just how is that going to help Pocket Books. It's not going to get them their money for the odd eight or so copies of Unworthy that didn't get sold at our local Walmart. Those same copies suddenly disappeared the other day. I doubt that some person bought all the copies at once, although that is possible. The odds are Walmart sent them back to the publisher. I live in the fourth largest metropolitan area in the United States. We are not talking back water here.

The fact that all the Trek Books on Walmart's shelf disappeared at the same time except one Mirror Universe story.

The real question you should be asking is how will the enormous success of "Avatar" effect Trek Literature, because Pocket Books just like everyone else in the entertainment business is asking that very question.

Brit

8. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

^ guys, drop it. We had the exact same discussion here multiple times between the same people just a few months ago, we know neither side is going to change their minds, so let's just drop it, ok?

9. seigezunt

But it's...

oh, okay. :)

10. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I am thrilled out of my mind to hear that news KB!!! I loved Full Circle and Unworthy and hoped you would be able to continue the story. Any news on an issue date? (No pressure. Much! :devil:)

11. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

This is wonderful news. Count me among the many who became disenchanted with VOY early on, but Kirsten's relaunch and its believable story logic have made me an eager fan. Can't wait until 2011.

12. elaithin

elaithin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Same, here - I'm very much looking forward to the new Voyager book, and that's not a sentence I ever expected to see myself type.

13. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

I am looking forward to the new book, and I am sure it will be great.

14. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cool. I'm glad it's you from all the possible authors who's keeping the Voyager saga going, Kirsten. :cool:

15. brcarthey

brcarthey Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

that is awesome news!!! congratulations! i can't wait. :drool:

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Awesome news, Kirsten!

17. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Just finished the book last night (lost some sleep time getting to the finish line, and paying for it this morning), and thought it was great, though I think I enjoyed Full Circle a bit more -- at least the 2nd half of it.

One thing I wasn't quite sure of: when did Meeghan attack the Indign colony/village/city/whatever? That never happened on the page, from what I remember, and Meeghan seemed to have been on Voyager right thru to her escape with Batiste. There must've been a jump between chapters or sections that I totally missed.

The who? I don't recall them at all.

Looking forward to the next one from Kirsten, and I'm jazzed that she was asked to continue. She really nails the family feeling between the characters which makes this crew unique among the other series', which I dig big time.

18. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

YAY!!! That's wonderful news, Kirsten! I can't wait to read it. Do you have any idea when in 2011 it'll be coming out? I guess it's a little early to be asking, but I thought I'd ask.

Just wanted to comment on the "Avatar" point, I can't wait to read the book.

19. Kirsten Beyer

Kirsten Beyer Writer Red Shirt

Thanks for the excitement, everybody. Sorry about the pain I'm causing someone upthread who's working through the series. I do what I can.

As to the release date, I have no idea at the moment, but I'm sure we'll all know soon enough.

Joe P...I designed that section re: Meegan so that she would have the opportunity to go down, though we never saw it. She was running free on the Galen the whole day while Seven, Chakotay and Cambridge were checking out the various colonies, and no one but Reg (who was unconscious) knew that this was anything to worry about. Hope that helps.

And the Children of the Storm were established in Destiny:Mere Mortals. The Aventine encountered them briefly and were told in no uncertain terms to go away and never come back. Usually good advice to follow but hey...we're Starfleet...

Best,
    Kirsten

20. JoeP

JoeP Captain Captain

Thanks, Kristen. It does a bit. Though I'd like to see, perhaps in your new one, a flashback to the attack to see when precisely she left the ship and how (presuming the Meeghan storyline is picked up.) I would think it would be pretty hard to leave and return unnoticed - though I presume Batiste had a hand in it. It wouldn't be an earth-shattering revelation, I know (more of a wrinkle-ironing for me), but I find it a bit irksome to that it wasn't explained.

Regarding the Children the Storm, I quickly scanned the part in Mere Mortals that they appeared, and I can't see where they figured in Unworthy. Feeling a case of the stupids...help, anyone?

Out of curiosity, at which stage is the next book at at the moment?