• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

News VisionQuest

The Nightmare Doctor

Scarecrow Master
Premium Member
VisionQuest.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
​

With the release of the new trailer, I figured it was high time to start a separate thread (actually, I was already planning to start the thread today anyways, so perfect timing!).

What are everyone's expectations for the show?

I'm hoping for a fascinating character piece on Vision's existence and how White Vision reconciles the memories of the original Vision with his original SWORD programming, while dealing with Ultron and other AIs living inside his mind. I'm also very curious about his relationship with Tommy and how Tommy also dealing with "false" memories as infused in his mind because of Wanda and as seen in Agatha All Along.

That all said, I'm tempering my expectations beyond that and I would be very surprised if Wanda, Agatha, or even Billy appears in the show beyond flashbacks. And yet, I also want a satisfying conclusion to Billy's journey and I fear that if it doesn't happen here, it may never happen with how Marvel is seriously scaling down TV projects.
 
I think because they knew going in this was the third in a "trilogy" that they would have tried to create something that could stand on it's own, including Billy's story.

TBH when they first announced this, I was extremely skeptical. I couldn't phathom how they could do a show centered on Vision and make it compelling. The first trailer changed my mind completely. I'm looking so forward to this one.
 
What are everyone's expectations for the show?
Storywise? I trust the writers to come up with something brilliant. I'm OK with wherever they take the characters.
Overall my expectations are extremely high. WandaVision is still the best Marvel show IMO. I love that we are getting a continuation of that after 5 years. And from the guy who made some of the best Star Trek in recent years.

No pressure Terry.
 
I'm hoping we might get a reunion between Billy and Tommy (And an Agatha Appearence) by the end. Other than that, it's been great to just rewatch Wandavision, currently in Agatha All Along and just remind myself of this story. In all the excitement to Doomsday and the X-Men, I'm glad this story is one of the few from the last phase that is actually moving forward.
 
Last edited:
I think because they knew going in this was the third in a "trilogy" that they would have tried to create something that could stand on it's own, including Billy's story.
That's what I figured as well, but at the same time, I'm a little worried Billy's story won't come into focus because the show is focused on Tommy instead. But I would love to be wrong.

TBH when they first announced this, I was extremely skeptical. I couldn't phathom how they could do a show centered on Vision and make it compelling. The first trailer changed my mind completely. I'm looking so forward to this one.
Both trailers look very impressive. I'm very excited about this show as a result.

Overall my expectations are extremely high. WandaVision is still the best Marvel show IMO. I love that we are getting a continuation of that after 5 years. And from the guy who made some of the best Star Trek in recent years.

No pressure Terry.
WandaVision and Agatha All Along are in the top three of my favorite MCU shows (along with Loki) so it's hard not to have high expectations for this show.

That's a very, very, very subjective opinion.
I agree with that. I love the third season but I also know that there are plenty of people who don't. I admit that there are certain issues with the season but I think it was a success overall.
 
Wow, are they going to post the entire series?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And at the risk of turning this into a Picard season 3 discussion, I'll just say that I did enjoy it for what it was -- I get the band back together reunion tour where they played all of the old greatest hits. I thought the story logic was extremely weak and too dependent on nostalgia and was largely saved (like many TNG episodes for that matter) by the incredible chemistry that this cast has together.

It had some stuff that I genuinely enjoyed. Picard,'s reunion with Ro gave me closure on matters I didn't even realize I needed. Then, they just killed her off which made the whole scene before it seemed cheap.

I loved the return of the D, and giving the old girl one last ride into the sunset. I also thought it was an appropriate place for Geordi to be, spending his later years essentially restoring old starships? Perfect. Contrived? Yes. Perfect? Yes.

I did really like this new version of Data, despite the repetitive nature of his always being killed off in resurrected (at this point, Data is going to be in competition with Jean Grey and Elektra).

However, there was too much pointless nostalgia and questionable plot decisions. I didn't buy Beverly's rationale at all for what she did, and the fact that the big bad wound up just being the Borg. Again. was eye-roll inducing. The whole Moriarty thing was absolutely pointless.

The fact that the show wrote out my favorite two new characters, and I actually liked all of the new characters on Picard, at the beginning of the second season doesn't play well with my opinion of the rest of the show.

That said, I really don't see any of my issues with Picard season 3 translating to this show. He's not trying to make his 20-year-old fanfiction real with this show.
 
Last edited:
While I do have mixed feelings about Picard season 3, I do love that Matalas is doing this series and we are seeing Orla Brady and Todd Stashwick in it. I know Brady kind of got a short shrift in Picard season 3, much like a lot of the characters in the series (And one of the reasons why I do have mixed feelings on the season as a whole) so I'm just glad to see some familiarity.
 
Wow, are they going to post the entire series?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Well, the first two episodes are also the shortest.

...but I also wouldn't be surprised if they did post the entire series.

And at the risk of turning this into a Picard season 3 discussion, I'll just say that I did enjoy it for what it was -- I get the band back together reunion tour where they played all of the old greatest hits. I thought the story logic was extremely weak and too dependent on nostalgia and was largely saved (like many TNG episodes for that matter) by the incredible chemistry that this cast has together.

It had some stuff that I genuinely enjoyed. Picard,'s reunion with Ro gave me closure on matters I didn't even realize I needed. Then, they just killed her off which made the whole scene before it seemed cheap.

I loved the return of the D, and giving the old girl one last ride into the sunset. I also thought it was an appropriate place for Geordi to be, spending his later years essentially restoring old starships? Perfect. Contrived? Yes. Perfect? Yes.

I did really like this new version of Data, despite the repetitive nature of his always being killed off in resurrected (at this point, Data is going to be in competition with Jean Grey and Elektra).

However, there was too much pointless nostalgia and questionable plot decisions. I didn't buy Beverly's rationale at all for what she did, and the fact that the big bad wound up just being the Borg. Again. was eye-roll inducing. The whole Moriarty thing was absolutely pointless.

The fact that the show wrote out my favorite two new characters, and I actually liked all of the new characters on Picard, at the beginning of the second season doesn't play well with my opinion of the rest of the show.

That said, I really don't see any of my issues with Picard season 3 translating to this show. He's not trying to make his 20-year-old fanfiction real with this show.
All fair points and I'll leave it at that.
 
Wow, are they going to post the entire series?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And at the risk of turning this into a Picard season 3 discussion, I'll just say that I did enjoy it for what it was -- I get the band back together reunion tour where they played all of the old greatest hits. I thought the story logic was extremely weak and too dependent on nostalgia and was largely saved (like many TNG episodes for that matter) by the incredible chemistry that this cast has together.

It had some stuff that I genuinely enjoyed. Picard,'s reunion with Ro gave me closure on matters I didn't even realize I needed. Then, they just killed her off which made the whole scene before it seemed cheap.

I loved the return of the D, and giving the old girl one last ride into the sunset. I also thought it was an appropriate place for Geordi to be, spending his later years essentially restoring old starships? Perfect. Contrived? Yes. Perfect? Yes.

I did really like this new version of Data, despite the repetitive nature of his always being killed off in resurrected (at this point, Data is going to be in competition with Jean Grey and Elektra).

However, there was too much pointless nostalgia and questionable plot decisions. I didn't buy Beverly's rationale at all for what she did, and the fact that the big bad wound up just being the Borg. Again. was eye-roll inducing. The whole Moriarty thing was absolutely pointless.

The fact that the show wrote out my favorite two new characters, and I actually liked all of the new characters on Picard, at the beginning of the second season doesn't play well with my opinion of the rest of the show.

That said, I really don't see any of my issues with Picard season 3 translating to this show. He's not trying to make his 20-year-old fanfiction real with this show.
Genius marketing.
People wouldn’t specifically subscribe for WandaVision but if they get to see it for free they might for Visionquest after
 
Personally, I'm not a fan of what Matalas did with Picard's third season, nor the way he acted during the promo tour of the show. Coupling that with the superhero fatigue I've got... I'm not champing at the bit to see VisionQuest.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top