USS Constellation, NCC-1017

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MadMan1701A, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Just my opinion, of course...

I think MadMan1701A made a better looking ship (thus far) than the JJ-NuEnterprise.

I still say it would look better with an oversized "Cage"-style anthill on the saucer, and TOS-style straight nacelle pylons.

2. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

I was just thinking about the whole bridge area, earlier... I think I will go in that direction. Who knows, maybe this older vessel has a two-story bridge?

3. GilmourD

GilmourD Commander Red Shirt

Who fired whom?

4. MadMan1701A

Interesting... I didn't know anyone got fired over how big the Enterprise was supposed to be...

Well, here's all I got done tonight... not as much as I wanted, but it's progress. :)

[​IMG]

5. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

The story's been floating around here, but I can't remember who Abrams fired now.. one of the ship designers from most of the last decade of Trek. His crime was having another picture of the Enterprise (TOS) up for scale.

6. GilmourD

GilmourD Commander Red Shirt

If that picture was released, somebody has it. It's out there. I sooooooooo wanna see! :drool:

7. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

Geoff Mendell

8. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still just hearsay. And we don't know that it was Abrams who fired him either.

9. Vance

Vance Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Then Eaves is a liar, basically? And Mandel lost his job through faries and pixie dust? Honestly, this has been as confirmed as possible short of an official press statement.

10. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Can we talk more about the pretty pictures, for Madman's sake? :)

Not bad. I still think the doors should be move convex, maybe coming out about halfway between where they end now and the fantail itself.

Good, though anyway. :)

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Is the graininess of this shot intentional? Because it does a great job of adding to the sense of scale. Like looking at old color photos of Navy ships from WW2.

12. johnsonalmighty

johnsonalmighty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So far, I have liked all your 3D work and I still like the way this ship is going but I really do not like the Impulse Engine on this ship so I wonder, is the primary hull going to change mch?

13. MadMan1701A

Well, if they "bulge" out any further, you can see them stick out past the curvature in a side view, and it looks weird, almost like I screwed up. :)

14. MadMan1701A

Sort of. :) When Ambient Occlusion is on (which I always leave on at this stage, just so I can see inside the shadows) it leads to this grainy effect. :)

15. MadMan1701A

Hmm... What don't you like about it? It is almost the same as the one on Kelvin... I figured impulse drives wouldn't change much... The detailing on top of the saucer is still subject to change, and all of this will of course look different after I texture it. :)

16. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the impulse engine fine. :techman:

Regarding the hangar deck, why not try a more hemispheric set of doors, rather than conic? Unless you're done with those. :shifty: ;)

17. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Just thought I'd chip in and say how great that ship looks madman. As for the aesthetics, just go with what you want :bolian:

18. judexavier

judexavier Commander Red Shirt

Haven't been here in awhile...as always, great work. :)

19. MadMan1701A

Thanks, guys. :)

Praetor, I think I'm done with the bay doors... I wanted them to be more conical on this one, just for something different. :)

Here's some pics...

[​IMG]

Also, I got the "neck" and the torpedo launcher worked out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was going for that "spine" look for the back of the neck,and the backs of the Nacelle Pylons will look like this, also. I think I got it pretty close...

What do ya'll think about that inset area at the front of the neck? I thought it added something... I like the one on Gabe Koerner's Enterprise. :)

I'm still taking it easy today, recovering, so I've got some more time to work on this. Updates later...

20. MadMan1701A

Something quick....

I wanted to see how easy it was to kitbash this thing, since I still want to make my "toolkit" out of it.

I made this in less than 5 minutes...

[​IMG]

:)