Under the Dome, Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shivkala, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's also funny that Julia was shot a few days ago (this happened last season) and she's shown to be in no discomfort at all. There's no evidence she was even shot.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmmm?

Vitarays?

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The dome rotated and healed her injuries Wolverine style, because SCIENCE.

Also, remember how Big Jim was hoarding massive amounts of propane and propane accessories at the beginning of last season for a scheme he borrowed from his brother-in-law Walter White? Yeah, I think that would have come in handy during the freeze when they could have used some propane generators. I bet when it comes time for the numerous propane tanks to play the massive role in the endgame of the story that they did in the book they'll magically reappear again, because WRITING.

The science teacher has also forgotten that she was ready to go all Dr. Mengele on a quarter of the town three days ago. Now she seems extremely concerned that some of the townfolk might die from the cold. I'm all for people changing, but she was proposing her swine flu final solution this week.

4. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She has seen the error of her ways, much as the dome has healed the ginger messiah's physical wounds it has soothed the mind of the mocha mentor.

As for the book endgame, I can't imagine that will be relevant. Pretty sure whoever is running the show looked at the cover of the book, skimmed the first 40 pages or so and said "I got it from here".

5. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Guy Gardener

A friend said to me today "I'm over the dome".

7. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Junior really loved Angie it is too bad she didn't have a girl to girl talk with Melanie about him. :( If they did I must have blocked it out like most of the season so far.

8. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

"I've stockpiled enough propane to last for years!"
    <a litte over two weeks later>
    "Shit, we're out of fuel!"

I just... I don't know.

9. Guy Gardener

You remember when he blew it up during a power struggle with Doctor Giggles because of water rights?

Even though... That was only one cargo container, which is a fraction of what one would expect to find behind a Home Depot.

10. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

A-yup, I remember. And a-yup, that was (or should have been) just a tiny fraction of "years worth of propane!"

Especially considering the whole two-week thing.

11. Yoda

I've got it! Quantum Physics! We need to have both her boyfriends touch her because QUANTUM PHYSICS!

Fuck, science is so awesome, can't wait for S2 finale.

12. Guy Gardener

Does this mean that it's not cheating if she starts macking on both of them?

But then it's not cheating anyhow, because the two boys are related.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I really, really, wish I had been watching this show in "real time" with everyone else. I'm watching the episode where Barbie goes down the hole, he just cut the line on the climbing cord, falling into the hole, and Julia does her best Vader-ian "Nooooo!!!!"

Subtle music sting.

Opening credits!

Man this series is dumb, but I think I'm ready to binge-watch it tonight to get "caught up" (or finish it. Has the season finale been on yet?) But, man, this is like if you mixed up "Lost" with "Surface" (that water-monster/alien show from a few years ago) threw a pinch of "Smallville" and then threw it in the microwave for 10 minutes, forgot about it, found it the next morning and decided to eat it anyway.

How this thing is on a major network and not on a secondary network produced by The Asylum is beyond me.

14. Yoda

That Stephen King branding has long reach.

Whoever makes the S3 thread, please make sure to mention STEPHEN KING (in all caps, just like that) in the subject line, kthx.

15. Trekker4747

He was president of the school's robotics club so he's going to make a drone to go over the cliff?! Jesus, is this kid Wesley Crusher?!

16. Guy Gardener

Saw a movie once where organized crime got a list of Neilson Families and where they lived.

So they kidnapped, and held hostage a few hundred Neilson families to control television, and ensure that a shitty comedy they were responsible for was bigger than Seinfeld and made the Mob billions.

17. Trekker4747

And thus the mystery behind "Two and a Half Men" is solved.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  18. Yoda

I love the mysteries of this show:

[​IMG]
    Self portrait of Pauline, or is vomiting up blood a possible symptom of watching this show? Impossible to say. Mystery!

"SCREW YOU! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!? WHOEVER YOU ARE CONTROLLING ALL OF THIS, CAN YOU JUST TALK TO US AND TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON?!?" -- Nori quote, or average viewer letter mailed to CBS? Impossible to say. Mystery!

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Why oh why couldn't they have killed Big Jim off in the finale? The guy is a total cartoon villain now. He is just a total and compete bore now.

20. Yoda

Hey now, Big Jim's hammer swing on the science teacher was one of the show's better moments. Also, look at that, they managed to kill off some characters at the end of the season instead of the beginning. See, that will help with some of the contract awkwardness like the way they handled Angie. They're learning.

Show's gonna be fantastic in Season 3... Junior, Julie, and Big Jim will be living in the shrunken mini-dome as the odd trio, while everyone else has fun with all sorts of new cast members in Dome 2 Over Zenith living under the rule of that one dead girl now fully possessed by the soul and will of the almighty egg.