Spoilers Una Chin-Riley Character Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by Charles Phipps, May 19, 2022.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Una" as a Latin-derived name meaning "One" strikes me as a little too "on the nose." I like to think it's actually the Irish name Úna, often written in English without the accent mark, and sometimes Anglicized as Oona or Oonagh, whose exact meaning is unconfirmed but may be derived from the word for "lamb."

Kor

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unless she was the oldest?

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The name originated from the novels. there's also a Trek novel writer named Una, no accent over the U.

4. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Forget Spock/Chapel, I've been waiting for Pike/Number One ever since the Cage. It doesn't have to be over the top, I'd have even settled for a very quick disappointed look from Una after Pike bedded Alora for example.

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pike and his yeoman are my preferred from the Cage. Una was too standoffish in the Cage to have any appeal.

6. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I always thought that if TOS had continued with the crew from The Cage, Yeoman Colt and Jose Tyler would have been a pair. I don't know if I came up with that idea myself, or got it from one of the novels, or what (Edit: it may have been from the "Star Trek: Early Voyages" comics from Marvel in the 90s). Pike may have avoided romance with his subordinates.

Kor

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    fireproof78 likes this.
  7. Captain Jollydark

Captain Jollydark Captain Captain

I'd just really like for her to have more stuff to do. More screen time. More fiery hot sauce on hamburgers at least.