U.S.S. Salcombe - Star Trek Beyond

I had to backtrack a bit to fix some details of the ship I had gotten incorrect the first time. But now I've got the model to about 60% textured.

YW8ZF56.jpg

FnKMYXi.jpg
Those nacelles are great.

They are literally the same ones from the 1701-A. In the actual studio model, they didn't have time to make custom nacelles, so they just grabbed them off the 1701-A as a kitbash.
I think it's the black caps that make them really stand out.

Will you also make a version with four nacelles like the (extremely scaled down) police/security ships? I haven't found any really clear images of them, but if you squint at the screencaps you can tell they're based on the Salcombe design.

Link
Link
Link

Will you also make a version with four nacelles like the (extremely scaled down) police/security ships? I haven't found any really clear images of them, but if you squint at the screencaps you can tell they're based on the Salcombe design.

Link
Link
Link
It might be fun to modify the design to fit the smaller size properly. In Beyond it's clear they just downsized the model, warts and all (you can see bridge windows), but I'm curious what a shuttle-sized version could look like.

Link
Link
Link

At first I thought, what are you talking about..... and then the last image..... OMG. This design NEEDS a four nacelles variant.

It might be fun to modify the design to fit the smaller size properly. In Beyond it's clear they just downsized the model, warts and all (you can see bridge windows), but I'm curious what a shuttle-sized version could look like.
Yeah, before it was pointed out with screencaps, I thought the nacelles were actually coming out the front, and were some kind of large tractor-beam clamp for grabbing and towing ships.

Yeah, before it was pointed out with screencaps, I thought the nacelles were actually coming out the front, and were some kind of large tractor-beam clamp for grabbing and towing ships.
That would make more sense for station police shuttles than warp nacelles do.

At first I thought, what are you talking about.....

Ha, I can understand that. Event in 4k the screencaps are blurry. I think the rightmost ship in the second screencap is the clearest.

Unrelated to the police variant, I have to say I'm surprised the impulse engines are on the nacelle pylons. I figured there would be a single engine at the end of the superstructure hull, especially with the deflection crystal looking thing back there.

Wow PixelMagic - That is one stunning piece of starship architecture!

A-mazing! :adore:

:beer:

:drool:

Thanks for sharing!

Back