TWD Spinoffs

ELCHawk

Commander
Red Shirt
Are you excited about the three new shows? I am a big fan of the genre, but I admit I am a couple of years behind on the original. I am even more behind on Fear. But, as I am a teacher, my plan is to get caught up on both shows this summer. This will allow me to watch the three new shows(Maghie/Negan, Darryl, Rick/Michonne). They are some of my favorite characters, although bring back Abe!

I am excited about all 3. Hopefully they are all fresh and brings new excitement to the franchise. I was bummed when they announced it would no longer be a Darryl/Carol show.

Are you excited? Which one are you the most excited about? Or have you given up on the Franchise and now watch The Last of Us?

I'm going to be watching all three. The Rick/Michonne one is probably the one I'm just excited about. I think we'll eventually see TWD 52 weeks a year.

I'm going to be watching all three. The Rick/Michonne one is probably the one I'm just excited about. I think we'll eventually see TWD 52 weeks a year.
I really hope Rick/Michonne show is not a limited show. I have heard conflicting reports.

COVID killed that announced trilogy. It's been repurposed into a six episode series with Rick & Michonne.
I think Covid did...not just for the filming aspect, but also not as many people going to the movies, but one other factor... Walking Dead burnout. The whole franchise has been dying, with World Beyond and Tales failing to revive it , and Fear just tanking last season.

The monetary reward from a theater release isn't there. I wonder, though, how much of a budget cut was done. The time (6 hours) isn't a big difference between TV and a 3 movie release.

Are you excited about the three new shows? I am a big fan of the genre, but I admit I am a couple of years behind on the original. I am even more behind on Fear. But, as I am a teacher, my plan is to get caught up on both shows this summer. This will allow me to watch the three new shows(Maghie/Negan, Darryl, Rick/Michonne). They are some of my favorite characters, although bring back Abe!

I am excited about all 3. Hopefully they are all fresh and brings new excitement to the franchise. I was bummed when they announced it would no longer be a Darryl/Carol show.

Are you excited? Which one are you the most excited about? Or have you given up on the Franchise and now watch The Last of Us?

The Rick/Michonne series holds the lion's share of interest for the obvious reason that Rick was and remains the most important character / symbol of TWD; his story has been the catalyst for so many of the main and sub-plots that he's also the bookend to the TWD--and the franchise in a sense, despite AMC claiming the miniseries were going to "expand" the WD TV universe.

Once you're caught up with the main series, the Maggie / Negan show will make sense, and you might find their dynamic quite interesting.

Regarding the Daryl series: I'd find the basic concept a draw if it's building toward a reunion with his surrogate brother, Rick.

Since we know Fear's ending this coming season, I'm kind of hoping they find a way to send Morgan over to the Rick and Michonne series as well.

Back