Tropes that movies, etc. use that you hate.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by valkyrie013, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And if it's the main character running away from it, his speed is slow-motioned to create prolonged suspense and show off his flowing hair (CON AIR).

auntiehill likes this.
  2. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

That's something that bothers me... multiple use of slow motion in a movie or episode.

An example... the STRANGER THINGS season 4 finale had a scene where three different things were happening at the same time in different locations, and all of them were slow motioned. I get what they were going for, but all it did was really just DRAG that scene out unnecessarily. Instead of taking 5-10 seconds, it lasted a good 4-5 minutes. But it felt like it was a half hour.

3. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One thing that really bothers me is the way shows get fever wrong. When your body temperature increases, you feel like you're freezing, and when it decreases again, you start sweating. Pretty much every sci-fi show gets this one wrong.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

News to me. :lol:

5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I think that depends on the person. My wife, for example, doesn't take much for her to feel a fever and feel like she is warm. But, her thermostat is all kinds of weird.

I've definitely had the shakes with a fever but I didn't feel like I was "freezing" in that sense; I just felt like I couldn't stop moving.

6. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They were using that trope as a joke.

I had a good one... Brainfart. Maybe another drink will jar it loose...

Foxhot likes this.
  7. Foxhot

Foxhot Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a pretty self-aware movie about its own ridiculousness, but if they used it as such, it'd be at the barrel-bottom under the other 372 outstanding ones. It couldn't touch bunny-box, ''Whole World'', the flying car or ''itty bitty baby.''