Trek XI-Enterprise timeline... (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Skippy 2k, May 11, 2009.

1. Skippy 2k

Skippy 2k Captain Captain

Hello,

First of the movie was awesome! Something I have been thinking about though in this new timeline.

It apparently branched out into this new timeline from when nero arrived and attacked the kelvin but I wonder how it might work with the FC/enterprise timeline. I like all trek including ent and have allways included it in the prime timeline in spite of the little things that might be off and thinking I read the creators intended it to be?

Anyway what if instead of brancing off with the kelvin attack it branched off from First Contact. What I was considering in the prime timeline the NX-01 was the Dauntless per "Hope and Fear" and "The Pegasus" occured just as is in the normal TNG timeline.

Now when it skewed off from first contact cochrane instead had the NX named Enterprise (not that archer and crews missions couldn't of been together in the original timeline) and some changes caused things to change slightly leading to the Trek XI timeline and the event with nero occured all along. The timeline occurs slightly differently but thru self correction the TNG era occurs similarly but now the differences in "These are the Voyages" are just the result of this offset timeline. I could also lead (for whatever reason I don't know) for the name Delta Vega to have been used for the planet near vulcan rather than the one near the edge of the galaxy?

This creates the new timeline but then also has the ent-e return the the original timeline and they exist at the same time rather than as my friend was at the movie was trying to say XI erased everything (which I don't agree with either way).

This is just something I was considering as it could kinda explain away some of the inconsistancies with ENT and TNG as portrayed in "TATV" other than just bad writing as might be the obvious.

2. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

I was thinking this too. The changes from FC and ENT's many temporal cold war skirmishes could account for the other differences. For instance, perhaps all that early exposure to advanced tech bootstrapped Starfleet ship design, leading to bigger and more advanced ships in Kirk's era.

Not really important, but it's an interesting exercise.

3. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Maybe we are reaching a point where we must accept that the Trek timeline is constantly changing and altering. In another 20 years, Trek will turn into Dr. Who and will be as much about time travel as it is about space travel.