Trek writers original works

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by JD, Jul 9, 2016.

1. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Ok thanks.
    I have a good idea, what if the mods ban KRAD untill he finished the Precinct novel ;)

2. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Yup! Phoenix Precinct is on the docket to be done this year. In the meantime, I'll be doing a short story that takes place in the one-year gap between Gryphon Precinct and Mermaid Precinct, which you can still support at IndieGoGo here (Mod note: Link removed, search on IndieGoGo.com for Keith R.A. DeCandido).

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2020
    USS Firefly likes this.
  3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Moderator

Okay, upfront my apologies for being late to fixing things - I should have realised sooner. It's against the rules on the TrekBBS to post solicitation links which these kickstarter and indiegogo links are.

I will edit the posts to take out the links.

It's okay to talk about the projects - it's the link that's the problem.

4. KRAD

My apologies, I had no idea that we weren't allowed to do that.

trampledamage likes this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, if it's okay to talk about it, I'll just say that we're now only $46 short of unlocking the next stretch goal, my short story "Comfort Zones," a prequel to the Arachne duology. And we've still got a week to go!

6. KRAD

In addition, my collaborator, David Sherman, wrote the "DemonTech" series for Random House from 2002-2003, but they only did the first three books in the series and declined the option to do the fourth. That fourth book, Get Her Back!, was instead published by Dark Quest Books in 2011 (with a really awful cover, sadly), which has since fallen into the proverbial swamp, and that fourth book is unavailable. (Random still has the first three available.) We're $246 away from eSpec being able to put that fourth book back into print (with a better cover).

There's a link to this crowdfund on my web page, which is linked in my signature.

7. Christopher

We're in the last 18 hours of the Kickstarter now, and we've met every goal except the last one, a pair of prestige limited-edition omnibus hardcovers collecting both David Sherman's The 18th Race trilogy and my brand-new Arachne duology in a single volume each. I didn't think we were likely to get all the way there, but we've jumped up well over $1000 in the last 24 hours and we're now less than $1000 away from reaching that last goal line. More info at my blog here:

https://christopherlbennett.wordpre...-last-day-last-chance-to-fund-the-hardcovers/

8. Christopher

We’re probably less than a month away from the publication of Arachne’s Crime, my second original novel and the first half of a duology from eSpec Books. To promote the book, and hopefully to draw in some new subscribers to my Patreon page, I’m devoting this month’s fiction and behind-the-scenes Patreon content to Arachne’s Crime.

It begins at noon today with the release of the entire Chapter 1 of Arachne’s Crime for subscribers to my $10 Original Fiction tier and above. Tuesday will be the usual weekly TV review for subscribers at $5 and up, and on Wednesday, all Patreon subscribers at $1 and up will get an advance look at my design sketches for the three alien species featured in Arachne’s Crime, two of which are brand-new. Then on Friday, the $12 Behind the Scenes tier will feature an exclusive look at my worldbuilding notes about the featured aliens’ evolution, behavior, and culture.

If you haven’t tried out my Patreon page before, this is a great time to start! Just follow the link in my signature.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  9. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

I forgot to mention - Rogue, the new book in my new Marc Dane thriller series, is out now!
    Details here!

Greg Cox, Lonemagpie and Smiley like this.