Trek Tribute SPFX

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chris PikE, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Chris PikE

Chris PikE Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Having forgotten I had these brief videos that were finished prior to my surgery and thinking there probably would be no interest in this type of Model kit film anyway(it's not a table top video with a shaky cell phone), or a typical YOUTUBE how to video,I kinda tossed them. However with out much to do while I recuperate, I revisited them and thought they were kinda cool. A tribute to the Star Trek effects masters(I detest the "remastered effects"), without the Hollywood money, Just passion and love for the original. The 1/350 model was filmed in front of a blue screen, just like the original. The star field was added later(just like the original).

2. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

For a table top setup, shaky cell phone and home made blue-screen, it's pretty damn impressive. Nice little tribute! Well done.
    :techman::techman:

3. Chris PikE

4. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think you nailed it. :hugegrin:

Arpy and Chris PikE like this.
  5. Chris PikE

Many Thanks...Many, many thanks!

6. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, this is amazing! The remastered one's to me feel neither realistic nor era-appropriate. And the colors are all off -- look at the difference between the new refurbished Smithsonian Enterprise (which I adore) and the previous one. Yikes!

Chris PikE likes this.
  7. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Man I love real models!

Chris PikE likes this.
  8. Michael

Michael In alignment with canon Moderator

Very nice! :techman:

I'm always happy to see folks attempting to recreate the original in-camera effects. The results are always very interesting and really underline how great the original effects work really was. Thanks for sharing!

Chris PikE likes this.
  9. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Excellent work. That is why I subscribe to your youtube. :techman:

Chris PikE likes this.
  10. Chris PikE

11. Chris PikE

12. Chris PikE

13. Arpy

Beautiful.

I do prefer the old dome at the bottom of the saucer without the little pointy laser thingy. We never saw it until recently, so it doesn’t matter that it was there, for me.

When I was a kid I used to think that the phasers/torpedoes fired out of the dome. That it was a magician’s crystal ball sort of thing spewing beams and globs of energy from its glowing energy core.

I was kinda pleasantly surprised when on ENT, the Defiant seemed to fire phasers from the rear glowing orb atop the shittlebay.

Obviously that’s not how the technology has been interpreted in the years since, but part of me prefers it — more strange. And magical, in the Arther C. Clarke advanced technology seeming magical way. The dome (or two domes) are also more pronounced and distinct as powerful weapons placements than the barely-visible little knobs and holes added later. You knew why we only saw the Enterprise fire from the one place, and it kinda gave more sense to the shape of the saucer/bottom of the saucer/ship overall — it wasn’t a weapons array, it was the weapons array.

Psion and Michael like this.
  14. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uh, the what, now?!

I know, I know, easy typo given the "I" and "U" on a QWERTY keyboard are next to each other. But you gotta' admit; it's quite amusing!

Psion likes this.
  15. Arpy

Wait, you mean I’ve been saying it wrong all these years???

Psion and Redfern like this.
  16. Chris PikE

17. Arpy

Such a deep delight to see your work, Chris PikE.

I’m my head canon, the remastered TOS looks more like this than what we actually got. :bolian::bolian::bolian:

18. scifieric

scifieric Commander Red Shirt

These are absolutely DELIGHTFUL!