• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

I just saw Emergency S6E14 "Insanity Epidemic" and they have a scene on the backlot location of planet Beta III. You can see about two city blocks, the streetcar tracks, and the "mountain" beyond the end of the street. Same angle as Archons, but the camera was farther back so you could see more buildings:


This lot was also used in Miri and COTEOF, and of course The Andy Griffith Show. But I think Emergency used it as what it really was, meaning the backlot appeared as itself. They don't say so, but the firemen are conducting a drill on this apparently abandoned street, and I wonder if the idea was that Station 51 got permission to practice on an unused studio lot.

Emergency is a great show, btw. I saw it in first run as a kid, and never since, but now that it's on MeTV I'm finding that it really holds up.
 
Was just watching Howard Hawks' Red Line 7000, which has George Takei and Marianna Hill in supporting roles. But, the surprise I spotted was Eddie Paskey as an extra, sitting right in front of Hill, in this shot near the movie's finale:

bafkreid7povgmqketphpqkuvbbxkcvw3qkhc4d554zhmzdfdwlzuoh5774
 
Just saw a clip from "Homeboys in Outer Space" and James Doohan has a cameo playing an expy of Scotty.

According to the comments it was meant to be a recurring role, but Paramount nixed it, feeling it would hurt the Star Trek brand.
 
Just saw a clip from "Homeboys in Outer Space" and James Doohan has a cameo playing an expy of Scotty.

According to the comments it was meant to be a recurring role, but Paramount nixed it, feeling it would hurt the Star Trek brand.

No doubt. God, that was a horrible show. And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember his cameo, and I think I felt embarrassed for him.
 
Watched The War Wagon (1967) for lunch today.
Robert Walker played a young drunk-off-his-butt explosives expert (!).
Velora Nolan (Patterns of Force) played a disgusting old ranch hand's trophy wife who happily ends up with Walker.
Miko Mayama showed up briefly as a saloon girl, um, serving? Kirk Douglas.View attachment 56094View attachment 56095View attachment 56093
With that red background the wall art in the last pic looks like it was lifted from TOS, ;)
 
Matt Helm yet again - Charles Drake (Commodore Stocker in "The Deadly Years") appeared in the final episode "Die Once, Die Twice," as the concerned father of murder suspect Susan Dey.

A weird episode - Tony Franciosa, the star, was barely in it, with his costar, Laraine Stephens, being the focus. I wonder if it was a backdoor pilot for a show about her character. A strange way to end a series.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top