• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Just saw a clip from "Homeboys in Outer Space" and James Doohan has a cameo playing an expy of Scotty.

According to the comments it was meant to be a recurring role, but Paramount nixed it, feeling it would hurt the Star Trek brand.
No doubt. God, that was a horrible show. And now that you mention it, I vaguely remember his cameo, and I think I felt embarrassed for him.
At the time it was advertised as a recurring role. When he didn't show back up after the first time, some viewers were unhappy.
 
Watched a 1970 TV movie called The Challenge" about the US and an enemy fighting a war by just sending one guy each to a deserted island to fight it out - ever-reliables Darren McGavin and Mako in this case. I recall this was a popular wish-mantra in the late 60s, and I sorta remember the movie from my teens. Anyhoo, for our purposes, Skip Homier shows up in the opening war room scene as some sort of state department official.
 
Last edited:
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top