Trek 2-4 Background Actress

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Vger23, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

The recently-closed thread discussing uniforms reminded me of a question I wanted to ask.

Does anyone know who the actress is who plays the background enlisted bridge officer in this picture (female, all the way to the left) She appears throughout TWOK, TSFS (on the bridge and during Morrow’s discussion in the torpedo bay) and even at the very end of TVH aboard the Enterprose-A

I always found it fascinating that they used the same actress across 3 different films.

[​IMG]

Here she is again, right under Morrow’s chin

[​IMG]

In TVH:
    [​IMG]
    No particular reason for asking other than curiosity. I always thought it was cool for continuity…but it strikes me as unusual that they’d get the same actress for these background gigs across 3 different films.

Henoch and Lord Garth like this.
  2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kor and Vger23 like this.
  3. Vger23

Thanks. Interesting that she was also part of the tour group with Gillian in Trek IV. I wonder if she was connected to the production team somehow.

4. PCz911

PCz911 Captain Captain

The MA article indicates she was a stand in. As such, they probably just had her do double duty…stand in and then go stand in the background?

Therin of Andor likes this.
  5. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Clearly an ancestor to the Starfleet cadet. After all, if Brent Spiner has to play EVERY FREAKING MALE ancestor/Offspring to Dr. Noonien Soong, surely the same logic can apply to this. That's my head canon and I'm sticking with it.

ATimson, dupersuper and Vger23 like this.
  6. Vger23

I think that is eminently reasonable....

7. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Many times these recurring actors are lighting stand-ins for the main actors. I remember when there were interviews for the VGR episode "Flashback", several background extras discussed how there were several of them brought back from the previous films (not just ST VI).

Vger23 likes this.
  8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Probably Catherine Hicks' stand-in on ST IV. The stand-in usually has similar height, colouring and hair as the actor.

Turbo likes this.