Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I loved the Yeti review, especially since my dad is seriously considering getting one :lol:

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

It looks like a nice car, even though I doubt it's usefulness as an offroad tattoo studio.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

The other thing I like about the Yeti, especially when you compare it to other cars of the same class, is that it actually has some character. From the awesome name, to those big round lights. :p

4. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Well like pretty much the entire Skoda lineup, it's great value for money. And for dad it's just what he needs right now for a work car with high ride, lots of space and yet not too huge for the roads where he work, and a bit tough to not wear down quickly. Plus a Skoda works really great for the image in our company. A lot of other 4WD cars wont work, and a pickup is out of the question for several reasons.

Talking about Skoda though, I way too in love with the current Superb :lol:

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Re: John Bishop... He seemed to become popular last year, so if you don't want the stand up shows or a lot of the comedy panel stuff it's easy to have missed him. Though he has had a show on BBC One recently.

6. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

My only question is does Sienna Miller come standard, or is she an option?

Also, regarding Top Gear and Mythbusters, I have thought many, many times that Jamie Hyneman and James May would get along extremely well.

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah Škoda does have a pretty good line-up at the moment. I really like the Octavia RS myself.

8. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed. I'm thinking of one of those for my next:)

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah it's definitely on my short list. So is the Alfa Romeo 159 or a used Audi A5.

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

They have a Fabia RS at the local dealer. I love the green color on it, and 180 bhp in a 1100 kg car is not too bad. And it's pretty practical.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah it's a pretty neat car, but I like slightly bigger cars.

12. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I'm warming up to small cars after having a Volvo C30 as a work car for two months now. Great little car.

13. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Excuse me, but...

There's a lot of sensible car talk about sensible cars going on here. In a Top Gear thread, need I remind you.

You people sicken me.

:D

14. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Needs more exploding caravans?

15. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I've really been thinking about a C30 as my next car.. Can you give me some thoughts about it? I drive about 100 miles a day and need something that will hold up.

It gets comparable gas mileage to what I drive now, a Saturn Vue and I like the looks of it.

16. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Which is being towed by a Morris Marina.

17. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

And it's ON FIRE!

18. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

The TG team have just won best Factual Program :lol:at the 2011 National TV Awards.
    For non UK people Country file is a TV show that has just lost a court case for sacking a older female presenter.

19. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

The quality is awesome. Both interior and exterior. Seats are very comfy and mileage and power is awesome. Should however be noted that I drive the D2, as in the smallest diesel without the start/stop function, and I saw that in the US only the T5 engine is available (I'm assuming your in the US), which is is the top of the line motor around here.

But let me tell you, my diesel has about 115 bhp and is very torquehappy in the lower range, and it is a blast to drive. Always have the power when you want it and since you got the wheels almost in every corner and it's a bit low and wide, it just sticks. The stability control on this car is amazing. there's a long, low curved bridge on the way to work and when it was really slippery I was able to go sideways on the bridge and still be in control. I can only imagine that the T5 with it's more even torque curve and almost double the horsepowers is a hell of a fun car.

Overall the entire car in any configuration (except for the smallest petrol engine here in EU) is great value for money. My view on Volvo as a car maker has completely changed to the better while I've driven this car.

That being said, yes this is the Top Gear thread. So more talk about growling V8s and RWD! :devil:

20. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn.. I think you just sealed the deal for me.. I LOVE to drive and here in New Mexico we have lots of great stretches a car like that would love to take...

Time to start convincing the wife that our tax refund this year would be put to good purposes by replaceing my Vue, which just topped 204,000 miles.